Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: NQ M&G Cardwell... REPORT

NQCairns

Re: NQ M&G Cardwell, weekend 21st 22nd FEB???

Ok Guys, anyone know for sure where we staying, or did I miss something. nq

SNELLY

Stayed at Cardwell Beachcomber Village ( previously called Sunrise Village ) for the Long weekend.

At this time of the year there will be heaps of room - The park itself is quite large - Spent most time when at the park in the pool - NB No Glass in the pool area .

Fished Offshore on Sat & Sun got a few Trout and also came close to a few BIG G.T.'s on Poppers but did not connect and frankly did not want to as 6kg is well undergunned for those things that were in the 10 t0 20 Kg range - When I go back I will take a 10kg spin outfit.

The Channel was quite dirty so did not do any lure fishing but talking to a local pro he said there were plenty of Barra's around. It should be good if we do not get too much more rain for our weekend.

SNELLY

Yea nq just look at the previous pages and you will find the number for sunrise.
    Sounds like you had a top weekend jon, the whether atm is awsome eh.
    Tim

SNELLY

Not wrong there Tim - Basically as flat as down there on the weekend - Particularly first thing in the morning.

We have had a few weeks of this now which is a good thing if it holds till this weekend I'm heading up to the daintree and out to snapper Island again

JON

Hey Tim, I have just booked a camp site at the Beachcomber Village for the M & G. The lady I spoke to was Maureen, she said at this stage yhey know nothing of the M & G. I advised her to have a look at the Ausfish Chat Board.

Cheers

Cheers, yea havnt gotten round to calling them yet but locals in cardwell say the place will be quiet and will have no prob getting in. Even if we dont camp near each other im sure there will be an area where we can set up a bbq and some chairs.
    Tim

NQCairns

Hi all for the#[smiley=gossip.gif], FNQTINNY (Ron) and I are booked in for the Fri and Sat nights.
    FYI At Beachcomber (40668550) Large motel room - $85, Small - $69, Cabin $70. We decided to slum it with aircon The lady said she has booked in a number of Ausfishers so far [smiley=2thumbsup.gif].

Coral Trout Snelly! prepare to be stalked when offshore that weekend 8). Cheers nq

SNELLY

Not a problem - We will see how the weather is for that weekend and see who would like to tag along for a trip to the reef - You're looking at about a 30 mile trip both ways but only the last 8 mile is open

I'm booked at beachcomber. Powered site Sat night only. #Will try to get to Cardwell early Sat morn but as will work late Fri can't promise any particular time. #May have to meet on water. #Will know closer to time, I have GPS and mobile phone so I'm sure I'll bump into somebody as long as their willing to share their details (PM/Email me).

Paul
    Any fishing is good fishing (should probably say Any fishing is...probably going to be illegal soon)

what vhf channel is the one to use up there

Not sure bout that question krazy, dont use one. But thought id check, are you still heading up here this weekend?
    Tim

tim this weekend has been put on hold but I am in for the M&G

ok getting closer how many people and boats are going?

Ok these are the people that have said they are coming. Most have confirmed but we still need to hear from fishsmith, and mundi. Is Dr_Dan coming?

TimNQ
    Krazyfisher
    Fishsmith
    NQCairns
    Nonibbles
    Snelly
    Robbo townsville
    Fnq tinny
    Mundi

Looks like you fellas up there have got ya sh*t together. 9 boats for an M & G. well done.

Let's hope the weather plays the part for ya's.

Cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here