Thread: A Failure - Sun Coast Boating and Fishing Expo

A Failure - Sun Coast Boating and Fishing Expo

I just got back from the Sunshine Coast Boating and Fishing Expo and i must say... what an absolute waste of time.. if your keen on BIG boats like mustangs and pleasure cruisers.. yep.. perfect.. but the selection of things on show was piss poor.. i think i saw more kayaks and paddle ski's then boats!! there wasnt any decent displays on showing the latest in electrics like sounders and gps or anything.. no fishing gear worthy of buying cept burley.. only nice thing was having a chat to the guys at NRMA insurance.. other then that.. the whole thing was pathetic, i missed last years show because i was out fishing, but the year before it was an extremely large event with flyfishing demonstrations and huge pavilions with every size boat on display in all different colours.. it was really worthy going to see.. i dont know about you guys.. but i think next year ill keep my $7 and use it towards fishing again.. the guys who organise these kind of events need to pull there head outside the box they live in and look at a better venue and better positioning..

Tim

Re: A Failure - Sun Coast Boating and Fishing Expo

Glad I didn't drive down from Hervey Bay Like I was thinking od doing
    Although the petrol would probably have been cheaper than a new prop
    Cheers
    Mark

if ur after a prop, try www.solas.com.au new and 2nd hand.. only guys ill deal with

Tim

Thanks Tim
    Will give them a ring in the morning
    Cheers
    Mark

Do you guys think there is to many shows these days?
    I for one would prefer them to have one show with everything, rather than six with bits of this and bits of that. The shows really are pretty poor at the moment. Sanctuary Cove seems to be the stand out, but you fishos probably love brissie for its content.
    In the last year, have been to Sanctuary Cove, Brissie Boat, Brissie camping and outdoors, Brissie tinnie, and Sydney boat show. All were not that great, but am hoping for a fresh change when i go to Melbourne Boat in July.
    Fingers Crossed
    Darren

i would agree there are too many camping outdoors 4wding and boating shows
    each major center should have one big show covering all the above shows that way you don't see the same stuff in each show it will always then seem new!
    i stoped going to the shows when i just couldn't see anything new at them they seemed to be a place where a store could push a whole heap of cheap gear onto us because it was a show special

bay firey,
    if you don't have any luck getting a new or second hand prop at www.solas.com.au .... maybe you should give ashley1984 a try, i've heard that he has alot of gear ay!!!
    mick
    p.s If ya don't know what i'm talkin about.... i recommend that you DO NOT send any money to ashley!!!

i'v heard the ashley1984 is going to set up a new online tackle shop!

hahahaha lmfao

I heard 10 blokes got hold of Ashley and strung him up from a tall tree ???
    According to Ashley, 'TLD' stands for 'Thiev last dollar' !!!

What actually constitutes a "great" fishing/boating show??????????????????????
    Location? Products? Time of year? Sponsors? Size?

My dream show,
    Sanctuary Cove, September warmth, Lots of NEW trailerboats, lots of Secondhand trailerboats (two sections to the show), All the new outboards, and miles of fishing gear. Would be great to test new engines on the water too.
    Everything being practically given away for great products.
    And Yeah, lots of pretty girls wearing next to nothing in the September heat!
    Just my thoughts!
    Regards
    Darren
    P.S. And easy parking at the venue!!!!!!!!