Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: NEXT NQ M&G WHITSUNDAYS

SNELLY

NEXT NQ M&G WHITSUNDAYS

Looks like everyone enjoyed our first M&G up here so lets start talking about the next one.

What I had in mind was Lucinda but others have mentioned Properpine/Whitsundays

If we go to Lucinda the accommodation can be Wanderers Village or the Pub. #The pub has what is called a bunk house which is basiclly two rows of donga's with a roof over them and a common area in between with shared amenities. Each room has a double bunk with single on top and double on the bottom and are air conditioned with a small fridge. May not be too good for families but there are other rooms or there is Wanderers. The cost is $45-pn so not too dear. You can make coffee there but there are no cooking facilities so you need to eat at the pub which isn't too bad most mains I think are less than $20- and they will cook a hot breakfast if you like. This would put most people together in the same area. Again there is access to some good reef fishing as well as Palm Islands and also for the Barra fisherman there is the channel. Robbo not sure if there is enough mother in law to keep your interest but others would not mind you cleaning them out.

Also with the timing here it may be difficult to get anywhere to stay between about May and September #due to the southern invaision

Krazy would you like to put up something here re your neck of the woods ?????

and lets see what everyone thinks

JON

Re: NEXT NQ M&G

as for the whitsundays accom is no problem and if people want to go there I can find out all info but there are many cara parks with huts rooms camp sites, also camping can be done on an island. the area gives the options of many types of fishing islands(with fish) 15nm or so to whitehaven beach, prosy river(jacks barra etc) and faust big barra.
    As you have said snelly not many mother-in-laws but there are trout.
    also the lagoons and backpackers

I hear that the backpackers are real dirty fighters on light tackle!

I like both options but I went for wits/pro due to greater family options - would be like a holiday for 'em. Lucinda's great fishing and not far from TSV but its nice to go away somewhere like a holiday.
    Also maybe cooler months?
    Any fishing is good fishing (should probably say Any fishing is...probably going to be illegal soon)

Quote Originally Posted by krazyfisher
    the area gives the options of many types of fishing islands(with fish)
    There were fish at gould

But yea whitsundays is the go and the prices of accomodation at lucinda is the same as club croc in airley beach just about, $50 P/N. So im sure there will be no probs finding places to stay down there. The place suits the fisherman and the family, family can be droped on islands to spend the day relaxing by the beach with some cold drinks from the bar. Like krazyfisher said you can even camp on the islands, go to your marine parks office and get a brochure of the national park camping sites for the whitsundays, costs $4 p/p p/n. Im pretty sure from memory that most camping grounds are about $20 for camping around airley. Faust is only an hours drive away. Heaps of reasons to do the whitsundays.
    Tim

nonibbles
    didn't think about the family options but yes airlie has that covered. the thing that I like is that no matter what the wheather is there is a fishing option. as an added meet up we could have a lunch on an island. maybe make the sunday a short family trip taking them for a island cruise maybe a snorkel and for the not family types a rest at the lagoons maybe some bird watchinh

I have the luxury of being not far from both locations so I am easy. Whitsundays is a beaut spot though and hard to pass up.

May have to take a Swedish Backpacker with me though to clean all those Slatey Bream.

Cheers

hi all
    what bream robbo u just like catch mother inlaw.
    so did u ever clean the bbq mate

hahahahahahahahaha

ps robbo if u go can go would scott and myself be able to bum a ride in your boat mate . and i'll leave u alone on the mother inlaw fish

If it gets you 2 off my back I will give you a lift

ah you beat me to it, i was gonna shotgun a seat in your boat again robbo 8)
    slatey bream is mother in law ron.
    Tim

Did not know if you were going to be around Tim, if you are then you are in the boat.

Ron , Scott, pistols at dawn to see who has to swim. I am sure there will be plenty seats to go around.

Of course ill be there, it will take me a 2 hour bus trip, a 45 min car trip, a 2 hour plane ride then another 3.5 hour car trip but ill be there for sure . Oh and all that back again.
    Thanks rob your a champion, and be quick with that mother in law photo . Anyway i didnt think it tasted that bad and it gave us some action eh? just not enough for 'some people'. .
    Tim

SNELLY

So what have I done wrong here ????

Why cant we see what the votes are ???????

You need to vote jon
    After you have voted it shows up the results automatically.
    Tim

just let me know if you need me to get details on different place for accom, prices etc

SNELLY

Tim,

Thanks for that

JON