Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help needed in Moreton Bay tuna research project

Help needed in Moreton Bay tuna research project

Kylie, an honours student at the University of Queensland, is investigating the visual capabilities of tuna.
    She is interested in talking to anglers that would like to help catch some mac tuna in Moreton Bay.
    They need the fish live - which makes it difficult, but there are a few options...
    The first is for anglers to keep the tuna alive and drop them into the research station at Dunwich.
    The other option is to meet Kylie on the Bay, and transfer the fish live - they have constructed tuna tubes for this purpose.
    There is also the possibilty for anglers to go with them on their boat, although they can't travel too far from Dunwich.

They will be at the research station at various times leading up to Easter and several weeks during April.
    If you are interested in participating - contact Kylie on:
    0403 03 6850, or email her at
    k.mcpherson@uq.edu.au

Dave ><>

Re: Help needed in Moreton Bay tuna research proje

Calling Jeffo

LOL... thanks rob i hate mac tuna! they are piss easy to catch up here... a few hours on the water would get more than enough dirty macs!

Ill call her anyway, with that last name you never know ya luck

hahahaha... rob if you head out to get some one day i shall tag along.. god knows i seam to atract those mongrel things! go chasing mackeral- end up with mac tuna

I would be keen to go ouit with them and give them a hand

should take them a flat rock special rob, wonder if they have a tube to fit a 10kg mac. yeah thats right we cant fish there anymore I'm going to give them a call as it sounds interesting, however from my limited experience of trying to keep one alive in an esky it aint easy, they go spastic. anyway we should organise a mac attack

You guys will go out to get mac tuna & the mackerel will be biting their heads off.

You know its gunna happen.
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM

i would been keen to help if you are serious in giving the mac tuna a go rob and jeffo

lol jeffo no mack tuna under your x mas tree this year.. 8)

Sounds like fun, especially the "keeping them alive part" ... good luck with that. Most tuna wear themsleves to death in a fight, need a bloody big tank in da boat #

I'm sure da boys will come up with a solution. (that or they'll keep the dead ones and go shark fishing # )

Im with heath, 1 sign of a spotty and the tuna catching will go out the window real quick

The research boat has tuna tubes, they wont have any problem keeping them alive.

they should stick to the jelly beans, easier to keep alive or maybe tow them there on a theather? a float cage would be the best i suppose.

Big_Kev

Rob I am keen if you want to make an event of it.
    Cheers Kev.
    PS . Nugget what is Kylie like on the eye. LOL

I think the kind of girl ur looking for would be an arts or business student, us science students generally dont scrub up or dress to impress like they do, we only care about how we look to a fish under a dissecting microscope. When I'm over at the research station next i'll have a sticky beak and check her out for ya.
    Does a sexy white lab coat do it for ya?

LOL- the annual ausfishing mac atack! let the games beggin!