Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help needed in Moreton Bay tuna research project

Re: Help needed in Moreton Bay tuna research proje

gday all

seeing how kylie is studying the visual capabilities of the mac tuna maybee you's could pass on to her the findings of my own study

they can see my boat approaching them at a approximate distance of 2 miles,but only when at idle with an excited angler on the nose.when im chasing other species and not interested in them i can drive on thru at 25knts without fear of them seeing me approach

they can see a slimy mackeral from a mile away but cant see a 8\0 gamakatsu till its half way down their throat.

they can definatley see better than a mackerel but not quite as good as a grinner,cause thats the general pecking order.

they can see the bottom of a boat from about 10ft directly underneath it cause thats about the depth the decide there;s no way in hell your gunna get them up.

they can see when you are not fishing for them and will nail anything you put out just to piss you off.

they can also see when you are fishing for them and can wait just out of range until they see your reel fur ball or your line wrap around your tip,at which time they will surface in a frenzy only to disappear when the furball is fixed.

the one thing they probably can't see,is why strokers like me waste time,energy and money catching them so we can spear em back in.

DaneCross

Great post Scott I reckon you've done all the work for Kylie right there... Top marks!

is it the person that catches the most mac tuna or the biggest that gets to win the girl.....

No fair on the Ausfish Mac attack comp...

Jeffo should be handicapped due to the fact he loves Mac Tuna

Cheers,
    Rich.

lmao at all you lads... what a thread!! hehehe. ahh geez

NQCairns

McPherson eh!! there were some real cuties in my science classes at Uni, made it hard to concentrate sometimes as a mature age student .

Seriously I must be jaded now after RAP and coral reef fish rules etc, i wouldn't even bother to answer correctly my name if surveyed at the boat ramp.nq