Thread: Weather report??

DaneCross

Weather report??

Phill pointed this out a couple of weeks back, but they've done it again - overlapped todays and tomorrows forecasts but given different predictions. Admittedly its only a 0.4m difference in sea height, but its an obvious inaccuracy... >

[issued 1056 Friday]
    FORECAST FOR MORETON BAY
    Friday until midnight: #NE winds about 10 knots this afternoon and evening with 0.9 metre seas in the western bay. E/SE winds at 10/15 knots overnight tending S/SW at 10 knots early morning, seas to 1 metre. SE winds 15/20 knots tomorrow with 1.2 metre seas in the western bay. Isolated showers.
    Saturday: #SE winds 15/20 knots. Lighter winds inshore early. Seas 1.6 metres. Showers.

DC

Re: Weather report??

The height difference is between "the western bay" and the rest of the bay forecast proper.

During Saturday (after early lighter winds) 15/20 knots seas 1.2m in the western bay and 1.6 metres for Moreton bay proper after lighter winds inshore early.

Cheers, Kerry.

DaneCross

Cheers Kerry, thanks for clearing that up.

Still doesn't hide the FACT, that one more than 1 ocassion during the week, the forecast is different in corrosponding times.

I didn't check the paper Friday, but, I was working outside. Does anyone remember the forecast on Thursday morning, for Friday ?

I do, 15-20knots. Not a bloody breath on Friday, So good in fact, I down tools and went fishing.

I suppose, Kerry, it gets down to this. Stick ya head out the window, if ya get wet it's raining, if you don't, it's not.

Western Bay ( moreton Bay ) friday arvo at 5pm, Seas 0.2 mtrs, wind 7 knots East. At 8pm, wind 10 knots S/E and seas 0.4mtrs.

That is a True, on water NowCast !

Cheers Phill

Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Yes you're right Phil, we went out on thursday night because the bureau of unreliability forecast 15 - 20 se on friday.

Phill, there's new technology these days, piece of string, saves ya having to open the window # and if you want to be told twice you hang 2 pieces of string.

Cheers, Kerry.