Thread: The Trouble With rentals

bidkev

The Trouble With rentals

They won't let you fix a rod rack to the walls :-)

Re: The Trouble With rentals

Not a sidecast amongst them.

Can't be a Queenslander!

bidkev

Quote Originally Posted by charleville
    Not a sidecast amongst them.

Can't be a Queenslander!
    Hey! I take enough stick from my mate, who even uses them when we go shark fishing!

Had one back in the seventies back in pommieland. (Most of them were shipped in from S Africa, strangely enough. Weighed a ton! When you've had your fingers rapped from spinning handles in -3 degrees, you never want to see another :-)

kev........nauturalised Queenslander

mate do u mind sparing me some

Truth be known,there's probably more of them used down here in good old N.S.W.,so I reckon the rack looks like it belongs to a Queenslander!

bidkev

Quote Originally Posted by jewies
    mate do u mind sparing me some
    They don't go far Jewie, with my mob......there's 7 of us :-)

The biggish "overhead" in the middle is an immaculate Okuma T 30 which my lad recently picked up at a hock shop for 90 bucks. The bugger got through the door 2 minutes before me, otherwise I'd've bought it!

kev

bidkev

Quote Originally Posted by banshee
    Truth be known,there's probably more of them used down here in good old N.S.W.,so I reckon the rack looks like it belongs to a Queenslander!
    Like to think of myself as one :-).......despite the fact that I can't abide Alveys.

kev

I have been returning to Alveys from egg beaters over the past 12 months because of the sensation of feeling the nibbles and knowing when to set the hook.

However, I will concede that they can be a bit heavy compared to other reels.

Can't beat a good old alvey for beach fishing.
    Got a 5" on my estuary rod and a 61/2" for surf casting
    Cheers
    Mark

CHRIS_aka_GWH

they can be a bit heavy compared to other reels.
    i use a 7 inch alvey in the surf for predators - the big, black beast of reel!
    the weight of an alvey aids surf casting if you have the correct technique - once tucked into your crotch in a rod bucket the weight disappears & you really only handle the rod weight.

chris

CHRIS_aka_GWH

they can be a bit heavy compared to other reels.
    the weight of an alvey aids surf casting if you have the correct technique - once tucked into your crotch in a rod bucket the weight disappears & you really only handle the rod weight.

chris

Kingtin,All I can say is that is an appalling lack of rods,for 7 you say,Shame Shame Shame, now pull yer finger out & get to the tackle shops,call ya'self a fisho,Jeeze the last time I only had that many was when my house got burgled & lucky for me I was out fishing & had that many rods with me in the boat ,,Just tell your minister for war n finance that Touchy said the bills & food money wasn't important,TACKLE RULES. If you haven't the room for your new gear I just had a new shed built so I will look after your stuff .Cheers Touchy><> ><> ><>.

bidkev

Quote Originally Posted by CHRIS_aka_GWH

I use Ambassadeur 7000's on 12 foot overheads (European) Which will cast up to 6 oz of lead 180 meters or so.

chris
    That's the one disadvantage that really stokes me. The overhead rods leave the reels too high up when the rod is stuck in in a crotch bucket.

I still much prefer to have the capacity for longer casts though.

kev

bidkev

Quote Originally Posted by Touchy
    Kingtin,All I can say is that is an appalling lack of rods,for 7 you say,Shame Shame Shame,

Sorry to let the side down mate. There are another 8 beach rods outta sight though :-)

now pull yer finger out & get to the tackle shops,call ya'self a fisho,Jeeze the last time I only had that many was when my house got burgled & lucky for me I was out fishing & had that many rods with me in the boat ,,

Wanna trade some? :-)

Just tell your minister for war n finance that Touchy said the bills & food money wasn't important,TACKLE RULES.

OK Touchy, I'll tell her that you'll come and read her the riot act.......you *do* have private health cover, don't you. ;-)

If you haven't the room for your new gear I just had a new shed built so I will look after your stuff .Cheers Touchy><> ><> ><>.
    That's very good of you Touchy but If I let you look after them, I won't be able to keep coming out of the house every 5 minutes to stroke, and talk nicely to them.

If they're *very* good this long weekend, afterwards, I may just give 'em a nice freshwater bath and rub down with oil........the missus won't let me do it to her, so any "intercourse" with my rod, is a welcome treat for me.

kev........off to play with his rod.