Thread: Marking equipment

Marking equipment

After my episode on the weekend regarding walking equipment (see stolen chat) I am after advice on the best way to mark rods, reels, etc so if they are stolen police have some chance of identifying etc. Engraving may damage the equipment, stickers can be easily removed.

Any advice is appreciated.
    Cheers Zedjack33

Re: Marking equipment

The invisable markers are perfect (only show up under certain light) Not too sure where to get them thou. ???

imported_admin

Have an invisible marker here, it shows up under UV light.

It is - Edding 8280 - Securitas UV-Marker, made in germany. Cant remember where I bought it from now though. Try Officeworks and similar places.

Don't know how it would go on stuff used in fishing conditions though.

I don't think Cashies check things over with a UV light though when they buy stuff but would be worth checking. At least though if you see what looks like your gear you could run a UV light over it to confirm it.

You may also want to check out the Data Dots at - http://www.marinedirect.com.au/catalogue/category661

Thanks for the input guy's. Had advice from another person that had some stuff go. He said that he has his name printed on material, stick it on the rod and then put a new coat of varinish over it . Any thoughts on how this may work?????

Cheers Zedjack33

hi
    sorry to hear about your gear. had a few things ripped off over the years. and it is pretty ordinary.
    do you have a neighbourhood watch in your area. they have engravers, and your local police station might have one as well.
    i would start with neighbourhood watch, i think they have a database, so if anything turns up it is returned
    cheers
    dazza

Dazza I can see how this would work well on reels , cheers. Do you have any suggestions for graphite rods ???

Cheers, Zedjack33