Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: QLD RFL How Soon ???

Ausfish Addict

QLD RFL How Soon ???

Just found this on the NSW Fisheries Site, wonder if there is anything in it ?

If you're planning to fish from a charter boat or go with a fishing guide, ask the operator if you're covered by their exemption certificate. If the operator has paid an annual fee, you may not need to purchase your own fishing licence. A 50 per cent concession applies to people who only fish in the tidal waters of the Tweed River and prescribed adjacent beach areas. The Tweed Concession Area is a transitional arrangement pending Queensland's introduction of an equivalent licensing scheme.

Here is the link that also shows a map.
    http://www.fisheries.nsw.gov.au/lol/home_licence.htm

cheers
    Joe

Re: QLD RFL How Soon ???

old hat Jaybee ,NSW's way of saying they're very embarrassed to even charge-2-fish in the first place. ,being close to the QLD border.

They can't wait , until pigsfly and we have a RFL ,to charge their residents of the Tweed , even more-2-fish.

They can stick their 'pending ' up their arse, forever And A DAY. >
    Plain 'n simple.
    Regards
    Gazza

Ausfish Addict

gazza last meeting with my local member suggests something different mmmmm, and or more closures, or are they trying to keep us from the real truth, u know, don't let the left hand know what the right is doing.
    cheers
    Joe

Hi JayDee

The Fishing Party has been contacted with information that the famous Frazer Island is under threat of fishing closure (by way of no roads) and that the only way of the future will be through the resorts or tours.

Is this correct and does anybody know what is happening there. This does just not affect QLD'ers

The RFL is a ransom, don't let it happen

Robert Smith
    Federal Party Chairman
    www.thefishingparty.info [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Jaybee , I wouldn't have a clue who your 'local member' is ? , and don't really care.
    The next time ,just say "that's a stupid idea" , and see what they say

And mate ,that pending "proviso" has been up on the web ,since day dot of the NSW Really Friggin Lousy idea.

No pigs flying yet mate ,but lots of red-herrings swimming about

Regards
    Gazza

Ausfish Addict

Robert just wonder how many more closures are coming? Gazza i don't trust any government never have and never will.
    cheers
    Joe

No probs there Jaybee......don't change a thing!
    I don't believe all I hear either ,or waste energy ,focus,time,etc.

Regards
    Gazza

the sooner they decide to have a RFL in QLd the better i say! i (and many others i know) would be more than happy to fork out to go fishing each year ....the biggest worry is where would the money go? would it be government revenue raising or would it be put back into the fishery>? is there much re stocking being done in NSW?... similar to the fresh water set up here?

Ausfish Addict

Jeff this debate come up once before on who would handle the money, Sunfish said they didnt want it and the government shouldnt handle it either, but, instead use an independent corporation, That is both accountable to the recs and government to keep them honest??? I support the license idea, but the ppv needs to be dropped as well, and the license should cover both fresh and salt, however, i cant see it happening that way.
    cheers
    Joe

would be interesting if the matter was put in the hands of the people...

Jaybee,

I do remember this issue coming up once before. I'm with Jeffo. I am all for a licence if the money goes back into fishing in some way. The fact that we will then have to pay for it will then give us some 'ownership' of our share and might give us more political influence. In the meantime, go the Fishing Party.

Jeremy
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

For God's sake dont even mutter RFL & freshwater in the same sentence if you're talking Qld. Shove that up ya clacker. We worked long & hard to get a genuine user pays system in place on Qlds Lakes & a RFL would screw it up for sure. The SIP is applied to ONLY participating locations that can drop out if so desired. All monies after admin go directly to the participating locations for fisheries enchancement, not into Treasury's bottomless pockets where a RFL will undoubtedly go. Will also be up for grabs by those within QFS to keep "jobs for the boys" going on ad nausem.

I'm 100% opposed to any RFL in Qld period & will fight it tooth & nail. The whole concept is a trumped up, rebadged TAX, pure & simple. I've read the proganda from the spin doctors & proponents of a Qld RFL; IMHO it dont hold water & stinks like last weeks bait. Sorry if I'm treading on toes here, but that's my slant on it.

I've said it multiple times, please people, dont ever give up YOUR right to YOUR past time. We've been fishing since we emerged from caves & climbed down from the trees. Its our right to do it for a feed and for sport. Sell yourselves out at your own peril people.

History is a very fair judge. Lets not look back & regret on what is potentially the biggest ever threat to recreational fishing in Qld.
    A 100% outcome should be our goal, its mine.

fitzy..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

fitzy... if the money was put back into rec fishing i cant see a problem. ie- policing rules and regs, fish research and most important of all (IMO) fish stocking in the rivers...

Suck a Surfski,
    If anyone thinks a RFL is going to give them any say in Fisheries Management or a better fish resource they are a six-pack short in the carton.
    We have bag limits, overall & by species. What more do you think will happen.
    Now our good buddy Premier Pete has stated that there will be NO new taxes in Qld this term. Do you want to make him look like a ########???????If you really feel the need to pay more to fish then pay me $20 per year. PM me & I will provide payment details

PS. I have just paid out over $13000 for a new clean & green 4 Stroke OB. I reckon that should give me some input into Fish Management but it won't even though the Qld Govt will get about $1200 direct from me via GST. So don't give me any wank about RFL = input. You want to pay more to fish then see above.
    ROLL TIDE, ROLL.................

Regards,
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by jeffo
    fitzy... if the money was put back into rec fishing i cant see a problem. ie- policing rules and regs, fish research and most important of all (IMO) fish stocking in the rivers...
    Hey Jeffo, It would be good if it can be guaranteed to go directly back to the resource, however largely unlikely.
    On stocking rivers, there shouldn't be a need. Wild fish breed naturally if suitable habitat & conditions are available. Should we be paying for habitat restoration when rape & pillage on land clearing & irresponsible development is still running rampant? No way!
    We already pay taxes to the state & federal govt for policing, research etc etc. It is part of the QFS charter to provide for the above mentioned services from their allocated budget, if this is not being done, then heads should roll. I dont see why we should pay the same tax twice, or should I say three (3) times considering the PPVL we pay from boat rego.
    There's a stack of money out there for research already, however almost all of it is being spent on finding ways/techniques to make commercial enterprises more profitable.
    We already are stakeholders in our fisheries resources (dont be conned into thinking you're not), shelling out more dollars wont give you any more say than you already get. The SIP on Qld lakes hasn't given permit holders any more say, the same decisions are getting made by the same people, however it HAS provided a vastly improved fishery.
    IMHO the best way to get attention to your problems is by getting involved in lobby/representative groups, writing to relevant pollies & by sending them a message next time you vote.

Cheers,

Fitzy..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au