Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Shades of Green?

Re: Shades of Green?

Let's just all fish whever we want..catch and keep whatever we want and forget the future..won't be here to care anyway.
    Pinhead I find that remark insulting for 90% of fishos. Most fishos are aware of the problems (and reasons) associated with the decline of our waterways. Locking out fishos will do stuff all, we know that, but the greenies don't. ??? Reef closures are crap when licences are issued to translocate coral. ??? ??? Gazza may be a bit cryptic but the end result he is after is a fair share of the fishable waterways. Get involved with the Fishing Party and you can point yours and our enviromental concerns and put them into perspective and maybe, just maybe the greens will learn and gain support from us.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead
    Let's just all fish whever we want..catch and keep whatever we want and forget the future..won't be here to care anyway.

And it is no wonder that rec fishos do not get listened to with some of the radical comments made..exactly the opposite comments to those of the radical greenies.

The Fishing Party will not get a Senate Seat nor any other seat in the forthcoming election.
    Mate ,by your first sentence ,you have a very low opinion of RecFishos, and that is a shame.

Your 2nd sentence is laughable if you believe it ,so to be opposite to radical greens is wrong ??

Your 3rd. sentence is better stated as , if the Gov't of the day ,goes for preferences ,from the "loser" Fishing Party ,as well as the 2~4% "loser" greens preferences ,it would certainly make for some interesting and lively policy-making ,whether a seat was won or not

I'll claim (without proof ) that 500,000 RecFishos put in the primary core vote in Q'ld, to put Beattie comfortably back into office.
    (got burnt on a few sugar seats ,until the following days no-sugar as part of the FTA with the yanks ,but that's another story )
    So Beattie owes RecFishos B-I-G-T-I-M-E !!.....read my lips!!

Think about it ,from any angle you want [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

p.s. Greens are CRAP

JMHO
    Gazza

"So Beattie owes RecFishos B-I-G-T-I-M-E !!.....read my lips!!"

Can someone please tell me what Beattie has to do with the Senate. Am i mistaken or is Beattie the Premier of Qld and the Senate is the Upper House of the Federal Parliament. Beattie does not owe anyone anything..hell..he is just a puppet for the ALP factional power brokers.

psst....fishing party is fed ,Beattie is state , fishing party and greens participate in areas less than 3klms offshore, so State decides.
    Federal has national implications ,not state.

A Qld senate seat is better than an interstate Federal seat
    Just ask Harradine? ???

Green is.....

This is apparently how things are done down south but then double standards aren't something new down south.

Much spewing forth with statements about Environmental Impacy Statements but when some start asking those simple little questions like "where is this EIS", "can we see this EIS" but no EIS can be found or produced it appears the shades of green are many and the local members response apparently went something like

When the question was put to the local member she allegedly admitted to using loose terminology, and that the so-called Environmental Impact Statement was in fact a letter she wrote. This was after having a meeting with some greenies down at the proposed site and deciding among themselves that the rock groyne wouldn’t do any harm.

Can't fish in the marine park, the Gov declared a marine park and the only activity that is a no no is fishing but all of a sudden all the so called protected inhabitants are going to get a rock groyne dumped on top of them, rather hyprocritical but does appear to be the new fisheries management trend.

Cheers, Kerry.

"Federal has national implications ,not state."

Come on Gazza..I know you are smarter than that. Federal laws override State laws anytime they choose.

Plus...The Great Barrier Reef Marine Parks Authority is a federal Govt body. There website is: http://www.gbrmpa.gov.au

Therefore we have both State and Federal bodies controlling the fisheries.

Your only partly right Pinhead. The GBRMPA is a federal body but does not control the state fishery. Fisheries management is a state issue, even when carried out in the federally controlled marine park. GBRMPA have been at pains since day 1 to call RAP "biodiversity protection", never "Fisheries protection or management"because they are responsible under the great barrier reef marine park act to manage fisheries within the park, even though they conceed that RAP is defacto fisheries management. Staff of GBRMPA will even conceed privately that they are doing "this" because they don't think the state government has been doing enough. At the same time the Beattie government has been more active and agressive in fisheries management policy than any state government (in Qld) in years, evidenced by the mackrel netting bans and major scaleback of latent capacity in the live trout trade.
    To make matters even more confusing while the legislation controlling the marine park is federal, the enforecement agencies, boating and fisheries and QPWS are both state bodies AND all zonings in the park stop at low water mark. In a coastal or island "green zone" the area above low water will still, in both theory and legally be fishable. The Qld government is considering complimentary legisaltion to zone areas of state marine park, adjoining federal marine park the same "colour". Until then it is a bit of a mess. If we make enough headway to make the pollies sit up & take notice I wonder if the Qld government will continue with its plans for these changes? At the end of the day the lines are very blurred and any headway the party can make federally will have implications on the state. eg is that mean low water or datum low water? If I stand in state marine park, above low water, and cast into federal marine park, green zone where am I fishing? Am I fishing where I stand or am I fishing where my hook is?? I know its pedantic but one of the great areas up here soon to be a green zone is whitehaven beach. 7 ks long and one of the few places in Qld where bonefish are fairly common....all fishing for bones is above low water yet abutts a green zone.
    Hookup in state marine park, no dramas, have the thing take off (as they do) into federal marine park and I would be required (by law) to cut it off (right through my $100 fly line..yeh right!) This whole thing is going to get messier and messier.

Regards

KC

Whoops, left out one little word and buggered up the whole post...should read "They are NOT responsible for fisheries management under the blah! blah! blah!

KC