Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great Keppel Island

Re: Great Keppel Island

well. it's still a perfect day today. should have seen the amount of boats hitting the water at 8am. they almost drew a line from Roslyn bay Harbour to Keppel.
    Surf was crap at about 2ft.
    and we got to the woolwash too late around 9:45am. so unfortunately we didn't get anything.. the day just heated up too quickly.

my father was invited on a boat out past the keppels so i'll reply back in here when i find out how he went.

Lets put it this way, it was certainly a better day than yesterday and for the past 5 weeks for that matter but with 20 knots max still during Saturday one really wouldn't have been in a hurry to head out anywhere wide today.

I suppose after 5 weeks of crap some might be a little more desperate than some.

Cheers, Kerry.

ok. latest repost on fish caught.

1 spanish mackeral. estimating at 15 - 20lb. with tail and head off it was 2 1/2 foot long. thick ass too.
    red emperor, red throat emperor (grassy sweetlip), small cod, mother-in-law

Quote Originally Posted by Local_Guy
    .... , red throat emperor (grassy sweetlip), ....
    You saying a Red Throat and Grassy are the same thing?

Cheers, Kerry.

well. this fish had the red throat. but looked like a grassy sweetlip.. aren't they in the same family anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Local_Guy
    well. this fish had the red throat. but looked like a grassy sweetlip.. aren't they in the same family anyway
    A Grassy Sweetlip isn't even classed as a Coral fin fish, has a minimum size of 30cm and no bag limit.

A Red Throat Emperor is classed as a Coral Fin Fish with regards the regulations, has a minimum size of 38cm and maximum in pssession limit of 8.

I doubt a fishing inspector would be interested in you thinking they were the same thing or not.

Cheers, Kerry.