Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Position Vacant - The Fishing Party (Qld)

Position Vacant - The Fishing Party (Qld)

Opportunities exist in Rocky, Wide Bay, Sunshine Coast, North & South Brisbane & Gold Coast.

Successful applicants will recruit new members, visit tackle shops and boat yards, brief fishing clubs and distribute party information.
    Applicants for the position(s) should ideally be opinionated, egotistical, workaholics who actually want to get off their bums and make a difference.
    You are likely to be both applauded and abused, have no time left to actually go fishing and can expect little or no sex for the next 6 months because you will be too busy every night dealing with letters/emails and general enquiries.
    Pay rate is $0 but the party will meet stationary and mail costs.
    Anyone interested can apply to kc@whitsunday.net.au or call me on 0414 785 462.

I look forward to be run over in the stampede!!

In all seriousness we already have a dedicated band of guys on/in Cape York, Cairns, Townsville, Whitsundays and Mackay and we are looking to spread the groundswell of support throughout the state.
    If you think you can help, please do it!! If we miss our chance in this coming election we will have 3 more years of current government(s) mindset forced upon us. By then rec fishing as a sport/lifestyle & in many cases passion may well have gone the same way as duckhunting!

Make I Fish & I Vote...finally actually mean something!!

Kevin Collins
    The Fishing Party (Qld)

Re: Position Vacant - The Fishing Party (Qld)

Kevin
    You lost my attention when I came to the word Guys within your post. I'm a proud bloke or fellar, a wanky never.
    Cheers
    Doyley

Bloody good point. What was I thinking!! Good bunch of BLOKES!!
    Sorry mate! I'll go wash my mouth out with vegemite & have a stubby of cold 4X Gold, toss out the shielas "chardonnay" and sit down and see if I can find a decent game of footy on TV....real footy, not that rubbish they play in Victoria or worse still soccer (forgive me yet??)

The seppos have a lot to answer for hey!

Cheers mate

KC

waiting...waiting...waiting!!! Maybe I'm the only one with the shits about what is going on?? Did anyone else read the artical by Rosemary Odgers in last Mondays Courier Mail titled "No go areas help bay bounce back"....a nice little propogander piece by the anti fishing lobby getting you guys softened up for a heap of area closures "down there". This is not about the Great Barrier Reef. It is about rec fishing in general. maybe you guys(sorry...you BLOKES) have a great recipe for Golf Ball soup that I haven't found yet??? Share it or get active!!

Make I Fish & I Vote actually mean something!

Regards

KC

PS I've justt realisedd how hardr itis to ttype affter a couuuple of glasses of redd!!

Just far to many GUYS for me

cheers bloke

Kevin it was very interesting to hear Rod 'Harro' Harrison's comments on 4BC on Saturday morning about The Fishing Party.
    When I put the question to him he said he had reservations about single issue parties but believed the Party didn't have a 'hidden agenda' and your sole purpose / motivation was for the benefit of anglers.
    If other single issue parties have a voice in the Senate - then why not anglers.
    He basically said - more power to The Fishing Party - he came out in support.
    Harro has been around a lot of years and I think there were a lot of people waiting to hear his opinion.

I've read and re-read the documentation and like others I have reservations about single issue parties but at the end of the day we need to be in there kicking and screaming in support of our rights and Australian anglers.

I've given this a lot of thought and although I'm not a politically outspoken person, I think the least I can do, in fact I can do little wrong by putting my support behind The Fishing Party and Sunfish.
    My cheques in the mail.

Dave ><>

I can live with Guys, Blokes and even Fella's............but not Fellar, Doyley # # #

The trouble with trying to be Politically correct, you end up deeper in it, that from whence you started. # #???

I too have a apprehension, on single issue parties, but, #I can sit at home and nag the missus about the problems I am facing, tell the blokes/ guys/ fella's at work about them.............OR I can get off me 45y/o, experienced maximum glutomus, and actually prop up my principles.

The following is a bit of drivel. >>>>>>>

Recreational Australians Party ( RAP ), could inlcude ALL Aussies that are past-time/ hobby orientated, and there-fore need their special interest brought to the attention of the Govt.

Was just imagining a party suppoting fishermen, snowboarders, motorcross riders, footballers, golfers, shooters, 4 x4 'ers, campers, water skiers, sky divers, scuba divers, basketballers, BMX nutz, Boot Scooters. Anyone who was involved in a sport or hobby / past-time that needed support or legislation from the sitting Government coming under the one umbrella. Shoot, that's about 75% of the voting population.
    Just passing time, #sorry to bore you Guys ! # #

Told you

Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

You got my vote Phill , you'd be a great "photo-opportunity" in a lycra suit.

And my $50.00 , and my senate vote is yours....'quotable'

Regards
    Gazza

On another thread recently someone mentioned the possibility of them banning cast nets due to some people abusing the prawn bag limits. Bugger that!!! I only just learnt to throw mine properly. Please don't take it away. What we need is a voice to look out for our rights. Oh yeh,, you guys.

Sorry Kevin, a bit slow on the uptake of where and why we need you and the party. My membership cheque is also in the mail.

Not experienced enough and have an all consuming job so cannot be a rep. Hope others that do have the capacity and experience put their hand up for you.

Cheech

Thanks guys/blokes/fellas (& a couple of LADIES who I know read these posts)...nice to get some input. Also great to hear Harro sees where we are coming from & while I know the "one issue party" thing has its drawbacks it also allows us to be very focused....no distractions....no mistakes....no grey areas (excuse the pun re grey nurse closures for those effected).

I have just sent an intro and background information to a lot of the high profile guys/blokes/fellas like Harro so it will be an interesting "watch" in the fishing media over the next couple of months.

We are now officially off all fours and starting to walk upright!! The way we are going we will be running at speed real soon and hopefully create a stampede all the way to Canberra.

Make I Fish & I Vote...finally actually mean something!

Regards

KC

By the way Phill,

Fancy wanting to call a new party (RAP)...to quote old mate rodney rude...fa f^%#@ sake!! Go home and have a bex and a good ly down old son....everyone up here would be looking for the map and submission papers on election day.

Cheers mate

KC

Sorry cobber but I lack that bit of paper that will allow me to traverse where I feel. If anyone puts up their hand for the Wide Bay area I'll be proud to wear a deputy's badge. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] I can do plenty of paperwork.

Thanks dasher,

e-mail me your contact details...deputy dasher..has a nice ring to it

Regards

KC

Councilor Phil sounds even better ,how about it Phil you putting up your hand for Brissie?,postive comment from Harro on the fishing show Sat. I'll be contacting the party for joining details today. Touchy. ><> ><> ><>.

Go on Phil, put your hand up Councilor Phil sounds tops to me mate,I think would do a Great job for all us Fishos out here,By the way do us proud Phil.
    Pete.