Thread: For the Surfies, damn don't meet this on a Bar

Ausfish Addict

For the Surfies, damn don't meet this on a Bar

Don't know how long the link will last, check this guy out, a 70 foot wave, and was paid $95 thou for his trouble, i will pass tyvm
    cheers
    Joe

http://news.com.au/common/story_page...E25777,00.html

Re: For the Surfies, damn don't meet this on a Bar

I'm sure most guys would have seen it on the news last night but for those that didn't - OH my God it was unbeleivable vision.

These guys have got rocks in their head.

Bugman

CHRIS_aka_GWH

most people think crikey, but if you havn't been on an overhead wave it's hard to imagine the enormity #of what these guys achieve.

To try it out grab a skateboard & go to the top of the hill at Queens Rd Kingston (or the hill at the new Botanic Gardens at Mt Cootha). Mt Buderim even ...

You need to do this during a cyclone (or have some guys drive in front of you blasting you with a gerni),so gale force winds are spraying rain into your face & blinding your eyes. Make sure there is lots of gravel on the road to make the down hill run as bumpy as possible - then have some of your mates tow you over the top (cause in reality the hill is moving much faster than you could ever go).

Now for the final touch as you clear the crest & begin to plummit down, have a crazy mate release the handbrake on a Semi behind just behind you. The semis engine needs to be redlining - the noise - deafening. This is the closeout just waiting for you to fall off #.

Good clean fun surfing hey.

seeyainthesurf,
    but maybe not that surf,

chris

he didnt receive $95.................try $95,000 [smiley=shocked2.gif]

Chris - I think my 8 foot mini mal would handle that no probs

yeah. no probs... in my dreams maybe.

That clown on the jetski needs therapy. ??? And this is a bit disturbing to (on the same page). http://www.news.com.au/common/story_...55E401,00.html

Thats true Dasher - if your missus catches you

Quote Originally Posted by dasher
    That clown on the jetski needs therapy.
    that would be a great place to send all the clowns on their jetskis

The guy on the jet ski tows the surfer into the wave...it is impossible to paddle fast enough to catch a wave of that size,

Ever hear of Charles Darwin? Guys like that don't usually last very long. Then again, guys like that don't usually care.
    "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-- Mark Twain"