Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do you go fishing?

Re: Why do you go fishing?

cause im addicted to fishing! i wih i wasnt though... would have a hell of a lot more money if i didnt fish

I think MR Bugman sums it up well, sort depends on the day
    cheers
    blaze

I am just plain addicted.

all the above.like you said Jeremy,it would be cheaper to go and buy the fish but the fact that you know its fresh and the best part that you cought it your self makes it even better.

I will go mental if i didnt go fishin atleast once a week
    Fishing is my life, and it scares the crap out of my girlfriend that i love fishing so much
    It doesnt matter if you catch fish or not, just having a line in the water makes life so much better
    you get to escape the busy world (and all your life's problems)
    If i saved all the money i spent on fishing gear i would be well off, but that shouldnt bother anyone, because money doesnt make you happy (FISH DO)
    Fishing is really addictive-people just dont understand why we love fishing

Is really good to know that im not the only addicted fisho around

Cheers

Some of the above, but its more a Challenge, to learn about and then outwit your adversary, some fish are dumb, while others give you a challenge.
    regards

I must say that i agree with webby, its about trying to catch one, that I enjoy most.

Ray

giday jeremy
    had to tick all
    lee

Hi jeremy,

I ticked them all too - my 'other' reason is that it allows me time to process all the crap that accumilates from work, home life, mortgage, bills, etc and puts it all into perspective - even after a session where I don't even get a bite, I feel revived and envigorated by having cleared head and I am able to put things into an order of importance and clarity.
    Fishing, in any of it's forms, should be listed by doctors as a form of medication!

Got to admit though that I do enjoy a few cans of the old VB at the same time though.......................

they pretty much hit the nail on the head. someone once told me that large bodies of water give off negative ions that are suppose to relax you. i dont know if its the ions but i do get relaxed

I like the peace the mateship the thrill gee where do you stop no kids ???sometimes anyway

Probably 2 main reasons for me.

1/ I really enjoy being out on the water in my boat with my boy (6 1/2 years old). Is just so different than being on land and has all that freedom of going wherever you choose.

2/ I hate being one of the 90% and am determined to become one of the 10%. So I suppose the challenge is the big thing when it comes to fish.

Lucky for 1/ above as 2/ often lets me down.

Cheech

I've always said that it's called fishing because you don't always get a fish. If you did it would be called catching. I always go out with the intention of catching a fish, if i don't catch anything there's always next time, if catch something then the trip was sucessful and if i catch enough to take home to eat than it's a bonus. Mind you if I go for a couple of trips without getting anything I start to get annoyed.
    Jeremy

Well put Jeremy, have to agree with that mate. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Pure Pleasure