Thread: Legal challenge to the GBRMPA

Legal challenge to the GBRMPA

It now looks as if Sunfish NQ will be taking the GBRMPA to court over the legitimacy of the RAP zoning plan.
    However, it will now depend on being able to raise the money to issue a High Court challenge.
    Advice to date is that the Federal Government and the GBRMPA are acting un-constitutionally by imposing these restrictions on Australian fishermen and women, without the necessary scientific evidence to enable them do so.
    GBRMPA and Minister Kemp only have the "what if" scenario to fall back on, and it would seem that this is not good enough.
    If we win this one, then that would place the GNS restrictions in jeopardy and Beattie could be made to remove them also.
    As I said it will need big bucks, so we will be looking for donations from all THINKING Queenslanders to put their hands in their pockets to help with this one.
    How many of you would be prepared to do your bit to help bring back some real justice for all Australians?
    I will post more information asap.
    Bob

Re: Legal challenge to the GBRMPA

Waste of money ,and and un-necessary diversion of funds.(that don't exist)
    Put your money to the Fishing Party ,they can say it for 'free' ,and have others reply with 'doorstep' denials, and loss of credibility

Getting 30% is easy ,31% not so easy , 25% is a possibilty

Barrymundi

I was a member of Sunfish for the last 7 years. I did not and will not renew my membership until all the internal bullshit is sorted out. It is a bloody shame to see idiots ruin what was a good organisation.
    Too many dickheads around speaking on behalf of Sunfish or including Sunfish in the propaganda program.

Maybe Bob you could give us all an update on SUNFISH and SUNFISH NQ and why they are 2 separate identities and maybe your involvement with Sunfish or Sunfish NQ.

Alan

In reality this has been one of the big sticking issues all through out this RAP saga, the powers haven't been telling it straight and as it is.

All this PR BS like statements about the "weight of scientific evidence" really has no more substance than a smoke cloud.

Honesty would have put them in the real world but I suppose that would be expecting a bit too much considering the white wash that some are unrightly expecting.

Fortuneately what the powers have done or tried to do has really shown them for that they are.

Cheers, Kerry.

The_Walrus

Alan,

SUNFISH is in fact SUNFISH Qld which is the parent body made up of a number of branches (e.g SUNFISH NQ etc..) and a number of affilliated bodies.

Generally, the branches deal with local issues.

Luc

Barrymundi

Thanks Walrus,
    GBRMPA rezoning was that a local issue ?
    SUNFISH NQ is it affiliated with SUNFISH ?

Alan