Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ANZACS

Re: ANZACS

WOW Kerry...go for the throat mate...you should just remind your mates on the other side of the big puddle that a lil country like ours seemed to enter both World Wars right from the beginning...not stepped in half way through and now make out they saved everyone in both conflicts.

Graham_N_Roberts

Most wars are started by some arogant/stupid/half crazed/self opinionated politician or other type. But guess who pays for it in the long run. > The citizens and good folk belonging to both sides.

Currently we have Iraqies willing to die for their belief, and we have American, British, Aussies and al list of others willing to die for their belief. That belief was this great bloody arsenel of WMD just sitting there ready to be deployed on American interests, and the moron who controlled the WMD must be stopped.

Well, they've got him, but no WMD. So I think it's time to get out now, and let the people of Iraq determine their future ..... even if that future does not fit in with our beliefs. ???

I ask .... how many more must die to satisfy "Leaders".
    I thought that was what our diggers of the past died for ... No more WAR.

Lest we forget.

Sorry you ran into some arrogant jerk Kerry. Yes, America definately does have a lot of goofs with big mouths and little brains. The same can probably be said for most if not all countries around the world. What really makes me mad about these types of people is that they're cowards. They know that they are relatively safe saying whatever stupid, lowly thing they want because they are pretty much annonymous on the internet. I'd wager my last penny that if you were in the same room with that guy, he wouldn't dare make such moronic statements to you. You'd bust his nose! He knows it. I know it's difficult and frustrating as all get out, but trust me, don't let those nerds get to you. Take their comments for what they are, a lot of horse-s*#@ dished out by a gutless, spineless jerk. I used to fume over comments like these. Then I thought to myself, why let some goof get into my head and upset me? That's what they want us to do, to get upset. The internet has its good side and its bad side. He's not worth the anger, I guarantee it. He's a mannerless slob with no respect for anyone but himself.

As for the Mid-East, it's going to get messy. Israel has announced its intentions to kill Arafat. That tinderbox is going to blow.

This whole situation has been allowed to bubble too long. Now, that bubbling has gotten too intense and the kettle is going to burst. If only these Islamic radicals would have followed someone like Ghandi instead of these crazy drug-dealing, hyporcrit, lying Imams who spout veanom and call for murdering civilians and world domination, "Kill the infidel wherever he may be." Not exactly "love thy neighbor" is it? For the past what? 50 or 60 years? We've had hijackings, bombings, kidnappings, genocides (see Africa for further details, they're slaughtering Christians hand over fist) from these folks and nothing concrete has been done about it. If the mission in Iraq fails, what other option is there? It's painfully obvious that they fully intend to kill as many of us as possible. They want the world (every time three of them get together in a room they demand autonomy from whatever nation that room is in--Indonesia, Phillipines), what they don't understand is that if they get it, it will be a charred desolate nuclear wasteland. It's an absolutley horrible, awful situation. The ONLY way out anyone has to this mess is for them to straighten up and give up terrorism or kill them all. I really don't want to contemplate killing them all Leaving them alone won't do it. They keep on killing, hijacking, etc. The imams have a vested interest in all this bloodshed and won't allow it to end. A sure fire way to prompt a suicide bombing is to announce a plan to hold peace talks. The minute you do, "BOOM!" a busload of school kids in Israel gets hit. They don't want peace. Peace would put them out of work. I don't know what to do! We're in a horrible circle. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. If we could somehow get between the people and their imams, we might make some headway. A great place to start would be Saudi Arabia. Home to most of the most radical of Wahabist imams and the terrorist factories they call schools. I once read a translated Saudi school book----good Lord.
    "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-- Mark Twain"

I'm sorry for bringing up the whole Iraq thing. I shouldn't have done it. I thought it tied in with the memorial to soldiers but really it only detracts and digresses from the main point. Honoring the dead. Sorry about this moderators and posters. I definately don't want this site to become a political debate center. It always falls into a mud slinging festival and fight. Pretty soon, people would be at eachother's throats and the site would be negatively affected. It wasn't my intention to do this but I slipped up and mentioned Iraq. So far, no one has gone off and lobbed any fireball posts. That shows that you are a great bunch of guys. Believe me, I've had more than my fill of political debates and fighting. The site I visit in Chicago (chicagolandfishing) has suffered from this. The owner of the site added a political soundoff forum and almost immediately, everyone chose sides and bashed eachother to bits. It carried over to other forums and now some people won't give advice or tips to others. Completely stupid.

So, again sorry about it. I hope I've closed Pandora's box before any demons got out. I've sworn off participating in political and religious debates over there and I won't do it any more over here. Sorry. Especially to PinHead. You wanted to remember the veterans and I goofed up and mentioned Iraq. I feel bad about it. No more politics from me. I swear.

El Carpo, (the remorseful doofus )
    "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-- Mark Twain"

Well said Kev, Agree with you entirely.
    El Carpo. Great idea , let's all go fishing!!!!
    Paul

bidkev

El carpo, it's inevitable that in times like Anzac Day, Rememberance Sunday etc that thoughts should turn to either the futility or justification for war.

We all have our own opinions and a need to express them, but on usenet, often this expression can lead to flame wars. If we express in a non -overbearing manner without "steamrollering" then it is good that we can do that.

Usenet gives us a chance to pause and reflect and consider our slip-ups, unlike real life where one may be angered and lash out. OTOH it also gives us the opportunity to mouth off without fear of consequence, and unfortunately there are many on other groups (I have yet to see one here) who will do *just* that.

It is a credit to your "goodness" that you paused to reflect and not choose the other option. Stop feeling bad about yourself, and do as Paul has suggested. Now bugger off fishing and we'll seeya later :-)

kev

do come back and tell us about it though (the fishing)
    Any fishing is good fishing (should probably say Any fishing is...probably going to be illegal soon)

Sounds like a plan. It's a deal!

Is that Patrick F. Mcmanus I saw at the signature line there? A fellow fan!!! I love those stories!!! I am addicted to those books. What one is your favorite? I like them all. Never Sniff a Gift Fish, They Shoot Canoes Don't They?, Into the Twilight Endlessly Groussing. They are all great. For anyone here who has not read them, you HAVE to get to the library or book store ASAP! Trust me on this! You don't want to miss it! All outdoor themed humorous stories. Great stuff!!!