Thread: I've caught two so far.

I've caught two so far.

Hi again,

I have seen that two of you Ausfish members have posted at the Chicago site. Nice to have you, Clutter and Brett. It's kind of tricky posting pics there. You have to have the pictures posted on the web somewhere. There are a few free sites where you can do this. Then you somehow link to the picture at that site in your post. I haven't tried to post pics there because I can't figure it out myself! (I'm hopeless when it comes to computers). I saw your post Brett, but your pics didn't show up I hope you can figure it out. (You may find instruction info. by doing a "search" there. Lots of people have asked how to post pics there in the past). They may also have instructions listed somewhere. I think they'll love seeing some of the great fish you folks catch here! If any others want to post there, go ahead. The more, the merrier!

If I could EVER get a chance to get out fishing, I'll try and post some pics here. Stupid work! What a waste of time! > Work this hard and I'm STILL flat broke!

'Til next time! GLGF (Good Luck, Good Fishing!)
    "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-- Mark Twain"

Re: I've caught two so far.

I looked to see if I could find any instructions, this is what I found in the FAQ section:

"Images can indeed be shown in your posts. However, there is no facility at present for uploading images directly to this board. Therefore you must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.some-unknown-place.net/my-picture.gif. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor images stored behind authentication mechanisms, e.g. hotmail or yahoo mailboxes, password protected sites, etc. To display the image use either the BBCode [img] tag or appropriate HTML (if allowed)."

I'm more confused now!

Hope it helps you.

That site was chicagolandfishing by the way for those who were wondering. If you ever wondered what kind of fish we target here, they have pictures in the "members area" of most species. Also, some people include photos in their posts. The ones who have figured out how to add them You can always do a search engine search as well. Type in walleye, yellow pearch, smallmouth bass, largemouth bass, bluegill, carp , northern pike, muskellunge (muskies) they are the big guys around here, channel catfish, flathead catfish, and of course, the horribly named, crappie (pronounced CRAH-pee). There are others but these are the main ones. Lake Michigan has big Rainbow, lake and brown trout as well as coho and chinook (king) salmon.

I have to see that crocodile pic Brett!
    "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-- Mark Twain"

Ah hah! I've landed another one. PinHead! The vegemite eating, fish catching machine!

Brett, I got your PM with the links to your photos. I sent a reply and made a post about it. You're one heck of a good fisherman! Those were some amazing pics you had there! Man-oh-man-oh-man-oh-man! Those crocodiles are scary looking suckers!!! He was really eye-balling your boat too! Have to bring your running shoes when fishing in their neighborhood!

By the way, don't worry about it if your post appears a bunch of times. It's normal (unfortunately). They have a lot of technical difficulties with their server or something.

Thanks again!

Brett_Hoskin

That picture was taken at the ORD River in the Kimberley region of Western Australia. There were literally hundreds of crocodiles along that section of river. The majority were freshwater crocs which are harmless to humans bit they still look the part and grow to over 10 ft.
    Night time echoed crocs on the hunt with continually splashing feeding. This part of the world is truly one of the last frontiers.

Oh my god , I am starting to sound like Wilbur Smith

I'm glad to hear that such a place exists! There are such few places where nature exists pretty much untouched by man's influence. When you see one, it really floors you. In a good way! It's so important to leave it in the same condition as you found it. You wouldn't believe the garbage I collect at some of the fishing spots around here. I always take a garbage bag along to do a little cleaning. I look like the village mad man but I don't care about that. How people can throw their trash around in the few nice places we have just astounds me. I want to wring their necks! What really steams me is the bad rap we fishermen get from some nature groups. They accuse us of mistreating nature by "cruelly" catching fish. Give me a break!!! It's we outdoorsmen who fight to keep nature looking good. WE LOVE THE OUTDOORS, THAT'S WHY WE GO THERE!!! Of course, there are always a few idiots who pollute when they fish, giving the rest of us a bad name, but I think they are the minority. I'm glad to hear you have a place that still has that special natural state to it. I hope it stays that way for you.

Hi el_carpo
    we also have a lot of rubbish left in our water ways (probable not as bad in TASSIE, the island at the bottom of mainland Aust, as it is on mainland Aust. I do the same as you and bring other peoples rubbish home to, as do a lot of people on this site
    Ban all plastic bags would be a good start to keeping our waterways a lot cleaner
    cheers
    blaze