Thread: Boats n Bananas

Sportfish_5

Boats n Bananas

Things getting a bit heavy in one particular board so time to lighten up a little. Here is a spooky one

We all know the tale about having bananas on boats means no fish but I never really gave it much thought but never tempted fate either.

Last Saturday I decided to take my father in law (FIL) out for a spot of tuna chasing in the Northern Bay. First time out in a boat chasing them for him so I decided to try and make sure he had a good day. I had been out the day before and there were some big schools around Bribie way. Spent the whole morning throwing slugs at the vermin but they did not want to touch anything. FIL then decides he will have some sandwiches for lunch and lo and behold pulls out a bunch of bananas from his bag and proceeds to cut them up and put them on his sandwich. My jaw drops and I probably went a little red but did not want to say anything (first time out in boat with me) so I waited for him to finish then disposed of the rest of his bananas. We then headed back to the closest school and bang ! we start hooking up on everything around.

Now have new rule on boat - All lunches have to be submitted for approval prior to departure.

Anyone got any other superstitions that have come true ?

Cheers
    Greg

Re: Boats n Bananas

Great thread Greg. The misus and I had a laugh about it as Bananas have been our excuse lately for just being crap at this fishing game.

Thanks for puting a smile on the dial.

Same thing happened to me but i didnt know about bananas and boats ???, just thought the old man was having a joke untill i ate my nana nothing not even a bit for 5 hours then bang it started straight away i hate it when he is always right

my little quirk lately has been for tree's,,as all the fishing i do is in a river,,seems everytime i start hucking and getting tangled in dem tree's,,i start gettin the bites,,damned if i do,,damned if i dont,,,,lol......
    paz

Ausfish Addict

i've never had any problems catching fish while having bananas on board, cept when u get a run and u got a nana stuck in ya gob
    cheers
    Joe