Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: fishing party export policy

Re: fishing party export policy

ok this was my reading for the day (alot)..

all I know is that our jobs and our seafood is all going overseas. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why cant we look at the big picture, its all about money and in the end those who can pay for it get it all.

Why cant Australia take care of Australia first....

just my non-sense, blah..blah dont listen to me!!!

I had a generally supportive response to the previous post but it was a bit off topic and would only polarise opinions of those who disagree with me. #I don't want to argue a personal opinion I have no intention of changing. #So for those who did read it you've gained a bit more of an insight into what cheeses me off. #Let's leave it at that
    Any fishing is good fishing (should probably say Any fishing is...probably going to be illegal soon)

Quote Originally Posted by jockey
    delete me
    Sorry mate ,you'll have to give yourself an uppercut. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

So ,if you don't agree with the 'export' policy ,you won't vote for the FP Mob?

Which mob do you vote for? ,the dig it up ,fish it to death mob ,of course

Ideally any export industry, should try to meet local demand before exporting anything, and should not just export the product and allow the local market to be filled by imports. But in any case the export value of commercial fishing is less that the value of the recreational fishing industry total. And there are less people employed and they pay less tax.
    If you want it in a nutshell, we cannot afford the present commercial industry, because its all export putting buks into big companies and most of it ends up offshore.
    And as an added incentive we cannot afford the industry which has done most to cause the biomass collapse, the destruction of turtles, dolphin, sea birds and a lot of non commercial fishes. It has mostly depleted the sharks, billfish and you name it.
    So we would be better off if we scrapped it altogether, and closed our waters to commercial fishing and imported cheap aquaculture fish products. The people would be better off because of the cheaper sea food product and the marine ecosystem would improve out of sight.
    Pardon me for being stupid but you have to realise that ultimately the wreckers have to share the results of their endeavours, like a bare and barren rock. Commercial fishing world wide is a very destructive industry. Very destructive, and to the point, and I keep saying this, if it where a human, the fishery would be in the worlds best hospital in intensive care with a dead tomorrow prognosis.
    Maintaining a full throttle commercial fishing industry is not going to make the prognosis, getting better.
    Max

Gazza I will probably give the FP mob my first preference in the senate. You have to take the good with the bad. In any case if they try to bring it up with more experienced politicians they'll learn the hard way.

Maxg I also think we should cut back the commercial catch where there is a risk of overfishing, but the policy we are discussing isn't really about fisheries management.

Quote Originally Posted by nonibbles
    I had a generally supportive response to the previous post but it was a bit off topic and would only polarise opinions of those who disagree with me. #I don't want to argue a personal opinion I have no intention of changing. #So for those who did read it you've gained a bit more of an insight into what cheeses me off. #Let's leave it at that
    I like to leave things in laymans term........Its nice to know that im not the only one thinking along these lines....

Have a Great Day!