Thread: Harvey Bay charts

Harvey Bay charts

Going to go for a holiday to Harvey Bay around August can anyone tell me where I can get a boating map for the area. I'm in Newcastle NSW. also is there any restrictions on taking your own boat out during the whale season. any information would be appreciated.
    All the best
    mark 8)

Re: Harvey Bay charts

Mark
    The only restriction is on getting too close to the whales, 300mt I think.
    Boating charts can be got at Qld transport, chandleries, boat shops, bait and tackle shops.

I am sure if it is a help, I could arrange to purchase and post 1 down to you, (at your cost of course)
    Otherwise you could get the 5th edition of Beacon To Beacon at a newsagent maybe (hmmm it doesn't cover you area, but maybe a newsagent or book shop could order 1 in )

Be sure to drop me a line when you are up and maybe we can organise a day or 2 out on the water
    Cheers
    Mark

Thanks Bay-Firey
    just starting to get imfo on Harvey Bay for fishing & whaling with my own boat, I've been to Frazer Island a couple of times just 4wd, nice spot apart from to many people on it at same time. Going to try the Sandy Straights this time. Sounds like the maps will be easy to get when I get up there so I will wait till then, thanks for your offer. Catch up with you when things get a bit closer.
    All the best
    Mark 8)

Quote Originally Posted by welbey
    just starting to get imfo on Harvey Bay for fishing & whaling with my own boat #8)
    whaling !

Gorilla_in_Manila

Mark,
    Don't know if you have seen this yet?
    http://www.fishntales.com/fishinginf.../localmaps.htm
    Cheers
    Jeff
    PS Wouldn't tell to many people you are planning to go "whaling" though. Good pick Rob!

you'll need a decent size boat to go " Whaling ". Maybe Whale Watching is what you want to do !

And of course Harvey Bay, is spelt Hervey Bay.

GPS marks and hints ! pm me !

Cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Thanks Jeff

I have seen those maps before, but they are a bit "If you put a bait in the water, you might catch a fish"

Mark
    The Great Sandy Straits are a great place to explore with some very pretty scenery.
    Cheers
    Mark