Big_Kev

Big Mudie.

I see its you birthday.
    Happy birthday Big Fella.
    Hope you spent it fishing.
    Cheers Kev

Re: Big Mudie.

Thanks Kev #

No fishing today - but other liquid related activities kept me busy. # I have 5 days at Rodd's (SP) Bay somewhere near Agnes Water coming up in 2 weeks time - that will compensate for lack of fishing today. #And I understand that the muddies will be firing - that from a resident pro in the area!

A late happy birthday Big Muddie!

I know this is probably a silly question, but is that crab in your avatar picture a muddie?
    "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-- Mark Twain"

Thanks el-carpo

Yes, that's a mudcrab (affectionately known as muddies). Delicious eating - some say ambrosia.

Unfortunately for me, and most fortunately for my brother and others, I am able to eat only 1/2 a crab - more than that brings on an attack of the cursed gout!

There are some benefits from this though - I get to keep and consume all of the sand crabs we catch - such sweet things to eat. Realizing you are from far away and perhaps not fully aware of our crab species, I have included a couple of links below to let you find some more info on these delectable crustaceans.

The mudcrab in my avatar was one of a very good haul (we got our in possession limit) at a popular crabbing location here in SE Queensland.

Mudcrab: http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/fishweb/2454.html
    Sandcrab: http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/fishweb/2428.html

Hey thanks for the information Muddie. It was kind of you to go out of your way like that. I'm sorry to hear about your trouble with the gout. Like you said though, you get to eat the sand crabs, so you've found the silver lining to that rain cloud. Good luck in that upcoming five day fishing trip you mentioned. That would be a good birthday present! Again, thanks for posting the links to the information.

E.C.
    "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-- Mark Twain"