Thread: A bloody big thanks to VMR Vicky Point

A bloody big thanks to VMR Vicky Point

G'Day Guys...

I have to say, the ramp out there is nothing short of awesome. I had all the family down there today for a bit of a fun day out and i must say that everything ran so smoothly with the help of the guys (and girls) there.

I have never seen a ramp run so smoothly with someone always there to help.

Even when i was backing my trailer down and someone jumped in, everything was easily sorted with the guys moving their boat around mine.

So to everyone at Vicky Point VMR.... a big pat on the back for making a fun day out, even better.

Re: A bloody big thanks to VMR Vicky Point

Do they help the ones out, without a radio?
    Prolly another $500,000 in hulls saved

TIC
    Gazza

yeah the guys @ vicky point are good everytime ive been out they have been there to help!! id also like to say props to the coochiemuldo slsc and the nippers they are always there to help when your trying to launch when its there season that is!!

Thanks for the praise.
    We all enjoy getting out and helping people wether it be on the water or on the Jetty.
    Previously it was a bit of a chore particualy in the winter months, to go down and help out on the ramp because invarioubly you would end up soaked to the skin up to your neck and throughout the day you would go through at least 3 changes of clothes. On my last roster, "D", I never got wet once but spent probably 3-4 hours helping out.
    Now we are a bit spoilt. The new jetty is an ABSOLUTE beauty as far as I am concerned. Great for everyone and apart from the odd commercial fisherman, every comment I have had is that it is as you say, "Awesome". (Big thanks to Peter Dowling)
    Gazza, you dont need a radio, if you can yell loud enough we will come and help you, if you can't, a Radio is definitely recommended.
    Once again, thanks fellas
    Cheers Lloyd

This is how we used to recover our boats, please note we send the females in to recover the vessels, straight after they have finished the cooking and cleaning. (Just kidding)

mmmmm, try again, according to the message above, for some reason the picture was deleted. (It's a jpg and is only 42kb).

Mudcrab

I would like to propose a toast to the Commodore of VMR Vicky Point.
    HIP HIP HOORAY
    HIP HIP HOORAY
    HIP HIP HOORAY
    What a damn legend the man is!
    Ian Fischer
    Commodore

imported_admin

Quote Originally Posted by subzero
    mmmmm, try again, according to the message above, for some reason the picture was deleted. (It's a jpg and is only 42kb).
    You can only use Alphanumeric filenames, andreaandlisa.jpg would work but not andrea_&_lisa.jpg

Thanks Steve... here goes again

So is a Wet T-Shirt day a part of your fund raising Lloyd ?

Cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by subzero
    Gazza, you dont need a radio, if you can yell loud enough we will come and help you, if you can't, a Radio is definitely recommended.
    But, but, but....
    What do you do , when you have a flat battery ???

YELLLL of course [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] or use sign language maybe

Regards
    Gazza

Ive got an answer to that one.... on the hour and half hour people are supposed to maintain radio silence for 3 minutes. This helps those with flat batterys etc to switch their sets on, make a call, and hopefully someone should hear you.
    Bit like a flat battery in a car, let it sit for a while and you should get a little bit of juice out of it.
    Sign language is good, 2 fingers usualy gets our attention.
    P.S, if you suffer from flat batterys I bet you are using one of those relabled car batterys with the marine sticker on the side that they were talking about on another post.
    [smiley=wings.gif]