Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Congratulations Nugget

homebound

Re: Congratulations Nugget

Congrats Nugget
    Codec loaded - now can listen to your stuff in UK. Don't even have to get up at 5.00am!
    Rob

bump
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

I must have missed this thread - just found it - Thanks Phill.
    And thanks for all the nice comments - can you believ they call what I do work?

As for the number one comment - That was a statement made by Greg Cary on air last week as a result of the recent ratings - we hit 23's which is pretty high.
    4BC number crunchers did a survey of rating for fishing shows around the world.
    According to their facts, there is only one radio fishing show that rates higher - it's a carp fishing program in Europe or UK.

The Station's program manager doesn't put a lot of credence into ratings figures - and I'd have to agree with him.
    They fluctuate a lot - as Brett will agree with.
    In this industry you can be on top one week then looking for a job the next.

The reality is with any talkback Show - I only hold the microphone - there are a lot of good people that go out of their way to try and make it interesting - many from this site.

I'm always open to ideas, suggestions and comments to maker it a better Show.

I'm contemplating putting a fishing competition together for listeners - not sure how we can do it - photos, real weigh in or what - but I'd like to make sure there were excellent prizes.
    If you have any ideas - give me an email.

Brett I know you're very ‘pro’ your employer - the ABC, but I think we cater for a different audience.
    The ABC Show is pre recorded during the week and covers most of Australia.
    My Show is live and concentrates on our listening area - SE Qld.
    As you know, both shows rate well.
    I'd like to think listeners could find something of interest in both shows.

Dave ><>

Hmmmmm... (Fishing comp)
    Perhaps if it was held in Morton Bay, VMR Victoria Point may like to become involved....
    Keep us in mind Nugget

Subzero to give 'live' reports ,conditions from his bed .....
    err boat!

Although, the Ausfish members on numerous ocassions have expressed reservations about being involved in comps, a " friendly " comp, run by Nugget ( 4BC ) with different rules to the standard comps ( maybe secret weight rule ? ), and VMR Vikky point being a weight-in / comp site ?

mmmmmm food for thought.

1st Prize, could be a ticket to one of Fisherman02's ( Jack's )parties, I hear they are a blast

Certainly not a one day/ two day event, but maybe carry on over a 1 month / 2 month period ?

OK,, leave it with us.

Nugget would like feedback from Ausfishes'

Phill

I was thinking along the lines of a 'virtual' comp.
    Maybe download the 4BC banner and send or email in a picture of your fish with the banner in the photo.
    That makes it a current catch but doesn't guarantee the size / weight – it allows you to release your catch though.
    The other idea was to get bait shops as authorised weigh centres.
    For the major prize I was thinking allong the lines of a few days at Shady Camp, Darwin - airfares and expenses paid.
    Or maybe a cabin at Glenlyon - something worth trying for.
    Dave ><>

sounds the go Dave !

Phill