Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Red and Green beacons....

Re: Red and Green beacons....

I has many advantages, ie, if a light is out on a beacon, you dont have to give a description such as the 3rd green on the right past the....., just give the number... lot of different ways of doing things.... even numbers... pass on the port side.... uneven numbers... pass on the starboard.... and so on.... updating of notices to mariners for those that dont use charts and refer to brownies only for instance.... at least you know which becon is now unlit, removed, altered in possition with out lat/long, deviders, sliding rulers etc etc... for mine it is a relatively way of IMPROVING what we have... i suppose it is a bit like the reflective markers for the fireman here in brissy... the old mayour didnt want to help the fireys out because of the cost by illuminating the hydrants....

vp3

Great idea Subzero. Does any one know who to give this idea to get it happening? I believe it could save lives!

i believe harbours and marine would be the place to start with this idea. i think it has merit. cant hurt to ask the question....would help vmr guys in being able to locate vessels a lot quicker....cheers bubba.