Thread: Boat Ramps!

Boat Ramps!

Has anyone done a survey of Queensland Boat Ramps?

If everyone who takes a camera out with them to take all those fishy pics, also took a pic of their Boat Ramp, angle and condition, facilities etc, and sent them into this site for us to look at! It would be a great help for everyone contemplating a fishing/camping trip.

Fishing Australia has started a survey, but most of the ramps are in NSW, and they admit that its a big job getting to all of them. Maybe some of the pics might spur someone into action to fix a few of the ones needing some atention? Tezza. ???

Re: Boat Ramps!

Not a bad idea.

Webby has / is doing a survey on S/E qld ramps for DPI I think.

But , certainly some pics will be good.

The Queensland Transport Tide tables and Boating Safety handbook ( $7.10 ) from tackle shops and boat shops, does has a compprehensive list of ramps in Qld, with info like, slope, facilities, lane numbers, tide usuage, surface structure etc.

That;s always a good guide.

Cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Gorilla_in_Manila

You mean like this?
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/boatramps/

Cheers
    Jeff

I'm with you Tezza. Boat ramps are one of my pet gripes because I usually fish either on my own or with my young son, so a simple matter of a bit of useable sand is a big issue to me as I do not have someone to hold the boat when I get the car. A while ago I considered having a fish in the Logan River, but took me ages to try to work out if there was a useable ramp that I could actually use. In the end I could not find any but since then I have heard that there may be a rough and ready ramp near the mouth.

Some sort of basic register surely would not be too difficult to compile. Could probably compile a register of all of Brisbane and surrounding areas within a couple of days just from the guys on this site.

Yes Jeff! Its a good start, but thinking of all those ramps sitting out there on all those Impoundments, Estuaries,and Coast, from the Sunshine Coast north to Port Douglas.

Cheech! I see you have the same situation as me, and have to be a little picky about where you choose to launch, and retrieve. Tezza.