Thread: MUD CRABS - FULL SIZE

MUD CRABS - FULL SIZE

Just Wondering.
    How Long Does It Take For a Mud Crab To reach its legal size of 15 cm's.
    And How Long Does It Take For Bream To Reach Its Legal Size.
    Any help With This One Would Be Much Appreciated.

ROCKDOCTOR

Re: MUD CRABS - FULL SIZE

I heard a report on Brownies CW a few weeks back of a muddie that was caught and tagged at 14.5 cm then caught 2 and 1/2 months later at 18 cm.

Sorry it's not what you asked for but I thought the incredible growth rate at that size might have been of interest.

not sure about the muddies but i would like to know aswell.i read somewhere not long ago and i cant remember the correct times and lenghts but bream grow to around 15cm in the first 2 to 3yrs and then they only grow a couple of cm's every couple of years after that.they can grow to around 60cm and live up to 30 to 35yrs

Checked in "The Mud Crab Book" by Kerry Wright (a good read). It seems to depend on water temperature. They're cold blooded & so their absorbsion of food is quicker in warm waters. In the tropics mature in 18 months while in cooler southern waters up to 3 years.

Heres some info on Bream from some Polish University. Dont have time to read it, I have to go to work but it appears to have plenty of info.
    Hope it helps
    Cheers Lloyd

Oops, forgot to put the link.
    To early in the morning for me.
    http://www.ejpau.media.pl/series/vol...es/art-03.html

MAHI_MAHI

trust those Polaks ( I'm one ) to state the obvious ...fish growth determined by many + varying factors>>>will it help me in King of the Pin Comp this month!?

Regarding mud crabs and bream to reach full legal sizes/
    I would like to thank all you guys who sent me all of the information.It sure was interesting and I have now learnt something new.
    Thanks again,I really appreciate it

The rockdoctor