Thread: Seafood industry satisfied with compo pledge

Ausfish Addict

Seafood industry satisfied with compo pledge

ABC News
    Last Update: Friday, May 14, 2004. 11:13 AM (AEST

Commercial fishermen have been reassured there will be more compensation for those affected by new fishing bans on the Great Barrier Reef, if that is the advice of an independent panel.

The Queensland Seafood Industry Association says the Federal Government has made it clear the $10 million included in the Budget is an initial allocation and not a final figure.

President John Olsen says it is too complex to estimate what is adequate compensation, but expects it will be in the hundreds of millions of dollars.

"I must say I am much more comfortable now with the position the Federal Government has taken and I gather they put that figure in there because it was one that had been previously mooted by the Bureau of Rural Sciences," he said.

"But we now of course have confirmation from the Government that if further money is needed further money will be available."

Re: Seafood industry satisfied with compo pledge

Quote Originally Posted by jaybee
    ABC News
    Last Update: Friday, May 14, 2004. 11:13 AM (AEST

President John Olsen says it is too complex to estimate what is adequate compensation, but expects it will be in the hundreds of millions of dollars.

Johnny............ YA DREAMING !!

Get a grip man, take away a zero and multiply by 0.6 #

That's MY final offer #[smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Regards
    Gazza
    p.s. accurate calculations on my part # , are based on fish not-caught are NOT YOURS, never were. #