Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tackle Party

CQ_Fisher

Tackle Party

G'Day Boys,

A few mates and myself were sitting around talking fishing and tackle (as you do). We came up with the idea of having a tackle party/bbq. You know how the ladies have tupperware and lingerie parties, well it would be the same sort of thing except with tackle and stuff. The idea would be to get a decent number of people involved and try to do a deal with a local tackle shop to get them to come around and disply some of their stock offering it at discounted rates while we all have a beer and bbq. What do ya's reckon?

JD

Re: Tackle Party

Sounds like a great idea... there's no way the women could say no to us going either - otherwise it's no to the next tupperware, makeup party they want to go to!

I'd vote for you

Why not try to get a bit of fishin in as well? Maybe have it on a boat, or after the next fishing comp.

tackle party?? yeah whats your policy on drinking beer and fishing?? lol

yep its a great idea

there was someone that was doing this sort of thing already, just like tupperware.
    Can't remember who but i am sure there is a member here who can remember.
    cheers

DaneCross

Sounds good to me, any excuse to have a few drinks and talk about fishing gets my thumbs up.. it'd have to be good gear though offered at good prices, not cheap-ass imitation crap that isn't going to work or last.
    DC

Why not a tackle party WHILE the ladies are having a lingerie party [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
    Southwind SF20 'Piscatoreous'
    Savage 14ft tinny "About Time'

That'd make it hard to hide my tackle.....

I met the Guy from 'Reel em In' Fishing charters - he does these parties.

He works out of the Ampol at Tugun - you can see his green 4wd parked outside when you go in. I was fueling up one time and we got chin wagging. It sounds like he runs a really good show and has ton of gear including a wide range of custom lures that don't make it to the mass market stores.

Bugger me - I just did a Google and here he is - Andre - http://www.reel-em-in.com.au/002.htm . Check out the site - looks like a bit of fun to host a party - make sure you send me an invite!

Cheers
    Steve.

sounds good mate
    be able to put some faces to names while looking at potential fishing gear!
    cheers jack

DR
    I can remember a similar fellow, Bumped into him at the tackle and tinny show in brissy.

i just hope he doesnt start flogging off lures that look exactly like the Smilin Jack's range of lures you can usually find in the bargain bin for less then he's selling them for

As for a tupperware/tackle party.. ILL BRING THE PLASTIC hehehe

Tim

have checked out the stuff they sell, Very poor quality imported copies mainly in my opinion. The local guy was doing the market scene and such. Don't know if he is still around or not'
    Great idea but must have quality gear.
    Kev

phil neven 0411772801 is the bloke you are looking for