Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bag Limits

Re: Bag Limits

luv it phill

Have followed a lot of the discussion over the last few months on the regs and how there are the in possession limits. Is becoming obvious that those that know the rules and have half a conscience are not the ones to worry about. But is great that we are the ones that are very concerned about getting it right.

Question regarding the home freezer,,,

How do you prove where you got them from?

Who is to say that I didn't go to the local fish market the day before and buy a heap of fish?

Are there signs at fishmongers saying not to buy too much otherwise I am breaking the law?

Sorry, not trying to be confrontational. But it does make you think about the completeness of the rules. If I buy too many of a particular fish and get inspected then I could be breaking the law??

Cheech

Fellows fish in freezer now worrys I am shore the QF&B won't bother to come around to your house. But on the water the QF&B rule.Any CRFF in the ice box needs to have the pectoral fin removed one side why ask your local patrol officer.I know around this area the rule applies and my mates have been warned .Any way if they did patrol the home freezer what do you keep in it? Went fishing today and caught a rather large china man fish at least 12 kg I know you can't eat them so it was returned to the water. Are they now protected ?
    BladeRunner

Ausfish Addict

Dasher
    Not to sure Phil, we got pulled up at a roadblock and the fisheries guy asked me what I had at home
    Fisheries cannot go into your home and inspect your freezer. Qld police are now being trained for that. Like in NSW, fisheries can go to a business, Hotel, etc and ask for receipts for fish in fridge. Legally in QLD fisheries cannot enter a private property. at this time
    cheers
    Joe

Chinaman Fish are NOT protected, they are on a ' no take list'.

That is, there is such a high degree of probability that the fish has the Ciguatera toxin, it is now a No Take, along with other species.

http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/fishweb/11416.html#Notake

This site shows some detail, but not fully explained.

Well Cheech, if you bought lots of fish from the local Co-op etc, 2 things are assured.
    1. you have gone back to your old ways of fishing , and

2. you should have a receipt for that fish.

But a good point !

Home freezer inspections.........humbug !

Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

No won't do that.

Would be the same story if I bought some of those undersize fish some of the guys have reported seeing for sale around town lately from markets and fish mongers.

Does that make you an accomplice?

Needmorerum

Well I know one thing for sure, with the way my fishing trips have been of late I have no worries breaking and excess limit laws.

Corry

Yes, I think, that in the " overall ' scheme of things, the current bag limits are acceptable.

Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here