Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: RECREATIONAL FISHING LICENCE FOR QUEENSLAND

Re: RECREATIONAL FISHING LICENCE FOR QUEENSLAND

Quote Originally Posted by jockey
    Kerry I'm just trying to figure out why the results changed between the two polls. I'm not saying that anyone has done anything improper, but it would be good to know what happened.

Doesn't the fact that I questioned the comment about $100s of millions indicate that I have done a bit of research?
    No Jock ,no research because you haven't read this

http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfis...num=1084546684

Now , if you go down the RFL pays the Commercials out path , you must read that John Olsen reckons the QLD people owe the Seafood industry 100's of millions of $$$.

Now the Guv't can pay 'em , whatever they bloody well want to , but to shaft a (new) QLD RFL with 100's of millions of $$$DEBT!!! , you are joking.

I'd only vote yes if they started taking our opinions seriously and started recognising us as a genuine sport and so on......

Gazza no-one is suggesting that the money Jon Olsen is talking about would come out of an RFL. The RFL would be used to buy out pros from estuaries (to make RFOs), not from offshore fisheries. Jon olsen was talking about compensation for those commercial fishers affected by new fishing bans on the Great Barrier Reef.

Interestingly, I think we could probably afford over the long term to buy out some of the offshore fisheries as well. In NSW the RFL brings in $8 million a year I think. So if we could save up enough we could have as many RFO's as there are green zones. I realise there are probably a few holes in this logic and we may not be able to afford, or even want to buy out offshore fisheries, but there is a huge potential benefit however we choose to spend the money.

probably a few holes in this logic yeah and big ones at that as evidenced by activities in other states with RFL's but then who gives a rats, it's only money, tell some tales, re-direct it to other "needy" areas, which of course the gov doesn't need any permission to do anyway #

I usually find this forum a pleasure to abuse and I know you like to keep that sort of thing under wraps
    # # #

Cheers, Kerry.

Just in case anyone was wondering Kerry misquoted me.