Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: RECREATIONAL FISHING LICENCE FOR QUEENSLAND

RECREATIONAL FISHING LICENCE FOR QUEENSLAND

I am curious to see what people think about the idea of having a compulsory recreational fishing licence in queensland, assuming that revenue raised from the rec fishing licenses was used to buy back commercial licences and fund restocking programs etc. Could it work, or do u think its a crime in itself to make someone have to have a license to go wet a line? I understand that you would need more fisheries inspectors than we have police to enforce the law, so perhaps this license could be restricted to boaties only, as they have unrestricted access to fisheries more so than the person fishing the bank or jetties.
    I think that a rec fishing licence might be a good way to keep track of rec fishers movements, as they could be contacted to supply valuable scientific information, and fisheries managers could get a better idea of the totat impact and economic input of the recreational fisher into the economy and the environment.

Stocked impoundment permits asside (SIPS) do you think this is a viable idea????
    I'm very interested to hear what KC and the fishing party have to also
    Raef

Re: RECREATIONAL FISHING LICENCE FOR QUEENSLAND

I don't like it.. Most of the revenue raised would probably go towards enforcing it.
    We are already regulated to death in just about every part of our lives..
    Those poor mexicans (NSWers) would have to get another one when they come up here for a holiday. Would not be good for tourism.
    The Gov has already got squillions of dollars from any number of taxes. They just need to put some of it to a good use instead of wasteing it on ridiculous studies, ministerial travel expenses etc. etc. etc..

I agree with seahunt [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

NQCairns

I second northsboy.

CHRIS_aka_GWH

and so say all of us

boaties already have it - called rego - & look at the fine secure ramp facilities it has bought us !

i shouldn't be sacastic - maybe a walk over that friggin' footbridge partly funded by my boat rego will calm me down.

Really an absolute ridiculous suggestion/thought [smiley=thumbsdown.gif].

All been said before and based on the southern experience people have short memories, very short memories.

Forget it .......

Cheers, Kerry.

That pretty well covers it. The Fishing Party draft policy already opposes RFL. www.thefishingparty.inf We already pay enough tax and that is all this is..a tax. It is all about beaurocracy feeding off itself and bugger all to do with improving fisheries. Any thoughts we may have had about supporting an RFL have been blown away by the reality of what has happened down south.

KC
    The Fishing Party (Qld)

harryhoy

Post removed at the request of the Member

Look, ask someone in Victoria what they think of their RFL and the fact that the funds are being "redirected" to bush fire disaster relief for the next 2 years.

Honestly, it's an absolute joke #[smiley=laugh.gif] #[smiley=laugh.gif] much like the blind leading the blind with suggestions about a Qld RFL [smiley=wiseguy.gif]

Cheers, Kerry.

I'm going to jump in the deep end here [smiley=anxious.gif]
    If it could work I would be for it it should be like an endorsement on your drivers license so when that is renewed (Do you fish?, Yes, OK, extra 50 bucks for 5 years) It would never be like that though it would need another department to look after it and would end up like the shooters license pointless unenforceable and costing Billions rather losing money rather than gaining revenue.

User pays is OK by me and if we could control some of the ratbag eliment out fishing it would be great but I'm dreaming again [smiley=sleeping.gif]

What is next? A Tax on breathing? This would help help fund a buyback of those fume belching vehicles that pollute the air.
    ROLL TIDE, ROLL.................

Regards,
    Peter

We already pay 45% on petrol.oil .inport tax and GST on line .hooks outboards and take in other hidden costs like trailers. tyres. ice boxs.(NO MORE)

$$$ to pay to fish ,what you already have for free....
    That's a hard one.

Money to spare #??? , donate it to the "Fishing Party" or (your choice)

Donate, by not fishing # to the really terrific, proactive idea of SIP 8) ,in general put 'n take, and even allowed, encouraged even, to choose 'where' YOUR preference is preferred by U, which I fully support 110% [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
    No SIP where your fishing #??? ???
    Tough luck ,it's FREE

yep, poor ol QLD behind the times again #

Hi Harry

On checking your arguments about this same issue back in Feb when the poll was done, all the arguments are based on funding and how it was managed to so-call enhance recreation fishing. Your crusade is wholly based on this idea and based on a NSW model
    For a simple answer of 'yes' or 'no' to a couple of questions:

Could your same scenario have been achieved with the same amount or more funding from another source.
    If there was another source of funding would you still want an RFL
    Does having an RFL give you anymore access rights than not having one.
    Do you understand how the pie-chart money is spent in real terms in NSW.
    If there were 1 mil anglers accessing the resource and only 480,000 were eligible to purchase an RFL would that be a fair user pay system
    I am a born and bred Bully mullet fisho and a diehard Rock Blackfish fisho and an occassional Game fisho, does an RFL enhance my fishing
    If there was not a $200 fine for not having a RFL do you think compliance would be so high.
    Do you think that the RFL is holding anglers to ransom
    Do you think now that budgets have been cut RFL money will be used to offset those costs

BOB SMITH

Ausfish Addict

I went yes, as most of the guys i fish with in NSW are all for it, granted it leaves a little to be desired, however, in the appropriate hands of people that are held responsible, ie, not sunfish or the government then i can see good things coming from it, especailly lincenced recs having a say on an RIS instead of being snowballed. I know we already (power boat owners pay a ppv) this would have to be dropped, before i was in favour. however, feedback from my sources, say it is going to happen anyway, ( qld rec licence) so the next best thing is who do we get to control it, the fishing party, I THINK NOT. oh by the way Fitzy i cant see how all the lakes would collapse if this money was held by a responsible party, and from my understanding as it stands now, most of the work is voluntary as with the funds, am i right here or is someone pulling the wool over my eyes? because this is what i read in magazines, my two bobs worth.
    cheers
    Joe.