Thread: COMPANY NAME AUTO REMOVED BY FILTER ???

CHRIS_aka_GWH

COMPANY NAME AUTO REMOVED BY FILTER ???

amart

is this action applied on the chat boards after the request of a company not wishing to be mentioned ?

chris

imported_admin

Re: COMPANY NAME AUTO REMOVED BY FILTER ???

Hi

As quite a few people already know it is a result of pending legal action against that company. Quite a few people keep asking me what has happened/is happening so I might as well post it up here to save repeating myself.

Fish images that I had done by Steve Ooi and are available for sale on this site at http://www.ausfish.com.au/stickers/fish.htm were used by a company in an advertising campaign they were running.

They had two of the images in question on every price tag, plus the images on balloons, the images were also used on large posters out the front of their stores as well as advertising that was done in a fishing magazine and a PDF file of the sale that was available for download on their website.

They admitted they had acquired the images from the website and they agreed to remove all images from their advertising. They ended up cutting off the bottom of the price tags where the images were used, removed all balloons and covered up the fish pic on the posters.

So as I am sure you can imagine I am not that pleased to see that company get free advertising and promotion on this website. Hence why the auto filter is in place.

CHRIS_aka_GWH

holy crap # - I appreciate the info.

incompetent in-house blunder or lazy advertising executive, either way Steve THAT SUCKS & if you have to "legal up" to gain fair compensation for the commercial use of your intellectual property they don't deserve the custom of those who use these boards (that's MY opinion)...

there is of course the issue of implied endorsement too!

GO GET 'EM

chris

I remember a while back another forum was breaching copywrite because someone had pasted a story from another site onto the chat board. It took a lot of explaing to get them to realise that you can't just copy stuff from elsewhere.