Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jet Skier Ramp Rage is alive and well !!!!!!

Jet Skier Ramp Rage is alive and well !!!!!!

Up until last weekend I'd been fortunate enough to dodge any unsavoury incidence of 'Ramp Rage'.
    I've always been considerate to other Boaties when approaching a Boat Ramp with my Vehicle and likewise returning to the Ramp after a day out on the water.

What happened on Saturday at the Clontarf Boat Ramp still leaves me angry > at the disgaceful attitude of some people. Following is a brief account of events -

On arrival at the ramp and noticing that the ramp was clear of all vehicles, I reverse my rig back to the water's edge. while reversing and looking out the window, I see a Riderless jetski floating gently away from the shoreline beside the Ramp. By the time we got out of the car the ski was too far out to retrieve. Anyhow we put our boat in the water and I go off and park the car, leaving my lady Fishing companion to hold my boat and figure out how to rescue the drifting jetski who's owner was no where to be seen ???
    After parking my car and returning to the ramp, I now see a guy standing beside his Vehicle and Trailer at the bottom of the boat ramp, he's looking out to sea and watching a couple of fellow boaties bringing back the Jetski. As I approach my boat, my friend Lillian informs me that the guy on the ramp abused the crap out of her for letting his stupid jet ski float away. Lillian is only a small lady and therfore felt very scared and intimidated by this jerks actions. When informed of what had happened, I approached this guy and calmly gave him a full account of what had happened. His attitude remained the same and was adament we must have pushed his ski off the beach and were to blame for it floating away. Eventually I got a half hearted appology out of him but the whole incident left me very cranky.

Anyhow..... we head out in the boat and have a lovely few hrs cast netting some Banana Prawns in the Pine River, then head back to the ramp around 3.00pm.
    As I approach the Ramp after going through the red and green buoys and turning right inside the rock wall, with no room to land our boat on the left hand side of the ramp because several boats were already parked there, we opted to land on the right hand side where the rock wall runs up to the sandy beach. I guess on most occassions there would be enough room for 2 to 3 boats to fit into this space, anyhow on this occassion a Jetski was parked smack bang in the middle of this sandy section which barely left enough room on either side for another boat. Faced with either snugging in hard against the rock wall and risking serious damage to the boat, we parked on the ramp side of the Jetski. Off I go to get the car and return. On my return, I see the the owner of the jetski has also returned and is loading his PWC on to it's trailer. Again Lillian informs me that this guy has abused her for being in his way while getting his Piece of s%#t around to his trailer. Before he had even said a word, lillian had offered to move our boat to slightly deeper water and allow him access on the shallow side of us. The whinging Pommy Bastard just started at her about not getting wet, For Fu&%s sake he'd just been out riding a Jet Ski !!!
    After the incident in the morning, I was in no mood to be friendly to this Pri2K. Real tuff guy when only dealing with my 5 foot lady friend. At least we got some enjoyment watching him squirm away when it was 2 against 1 .

SSHHEEZZ, what's going on out there ??? A clean sheet for years, then 2 ridiculous blow-ups by 'Jetskiers' in the one day.

I need a beer !!

Cheers
    Craigie.

Re: Jet Skier Ramp Rage is alive and well !!!!!!

thats jetskiers for ya.
    no common sense.

Big_Kev

I gotta say Craigie I don't ever get hassled like that at the ramp by jet ski riders.
    But I have had plenty to say to them at times on the water.
    The sooner these things are regulated a lot harder the better.

I have nothing positive to say about jetskis.

Fisho, are you positive about that? [smiley=cool3.gif]

I know what your saying Kev , the most amazing thing about the whole shitty affair was these Tossers were not young people (as in juveniles), they were guy's in their Forty's and the second guy was pushing fifty.
    It just reaked of such a poor attitude, I'm still flabagasted thinking back on it.

I've built the 'Bridge' and I'm over it 8)

Cheers Craigie.

Ohhh don't get me started on jetskiiers.

I've come pretty bloody close to blows with one who pushed in on a ramp. It started by me calmly telling him that he jumped ahead of me, he then exploded buy saying "you boaties all think you own these bloody ramps"... and basically wouldn't take my explination that i "own" just as much of that ramp as he does as someone paying boat rego.

The sooner they do something about VERY tight regulations on these things the better. Too many hoons are on these things and very few of them have any regard at all for the rules of the waterways. If i had $1 for every time i'd seen them darting back and forth across channels on the broadwater i'd be towing my new Haines 800SF to the coast on the weekend.

*climbs down off soap box*... i really should add some stairs to that soap box... i'm up and down like a yo yo on the damm thing lately.

Kev, the reason you dont get hassled is, when someone looks up and see a mean # 7 footer standing there, i'd whimper off too. .
    Cragie is that why Lillian's wearing the brace, did she let fly with a few.
    regards

bloody jet skiers
    once upon a time i had nothing against them. But they somehow think coz they dont take up as much room at the boat ramp or they r quicker to put on a trailer they are entitled to jump ahead of all other boaties absolutley bloody ridiculous. I think u did deal with the situation in the right way though craigie and congrats on not cracking the guy right there and then!
    cheers jack

jetskiers- the reason i keep #8 ball sinkers in the boat no respect for any one that mob!

My head is itchy reading that.- [smiley=furious2.gif] [smiley=beatnik.gif]

Yes Brian, she did let fly with a few, expletives that is , she still spewing about it, lucky they didn't get the 'Flying Elbow' from the top rope (bit of WWF for ya).

Yes Jack, you make some very good points there young fella, except I couldn't 'crack' anyone, I'm a lover not a fighter

Regards Craig.

Big_Kev

Thats it Jeffo.
    I always wondered why the heck they made them huge round sinkers.
    And Craigie its good you admit to being a lover.
    Cheers Kev.

I'm sorry I must disagree I love Jet Skiers, they strike harder than anything I know of when you are trolling and that first run really tests your drag setting they seem to give up really quickly when the trebles set and you reel them in though

Does any one have a good recipe for their fillets?

[quote author=webby link=board=General;num=1084959308;start=0#7 date=05/19/04 at 19:25:16]Kev, the reason you dont get hassled is, when someone looks up and see a mean # 7 footer standing there, i'd whimper off too. # .

Had a similar thought