Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Jet Skier Ramp Rage is alive and well !!!!!!

Re: Jet Skier Ramp Rage is alive and well !!!!!!

Didn't even say thanks.. Fair dinkum >
    I am sure there must be some nice ones riding around, or is it just a certain type that buy em.

Actually I met a fairly reasonable one over at Jumpin Pin, his Jet Ski had shit itself and wouldn't go (pity eh!) , and he was stranded, wanted me to tow him back to the spit.
    Fair crack of the sav, "sorry mate not going that way, find someone else or radio VMR."

I have to say that I have met a nice jet skier.... yes that's right - a nice one. My boat broke down on the Noosa River and wouldn't restart. The jet skier came over to see if everything was ok, and then offered to tow me back to the boat ramp.

Before you start wondering what rock this jet skier hit his head on.... he was a water cop!

Water Cops Jetskis , I like it.
    Makes more sense than Fisheries Inspectors on push bikes.. ???

SeaHunt,

What Fisheries Inspectors?????????
    ???
    I am still to meet one.

Hi Kingmad,
    I have met em, and the cops, a few times. I didn't have any fish to show them though.
    Unfortunately.

lol, Jetskiing Watercops, i remember putting up a host on how useless they are.. mainly because they took up a very busy 2 lane boat ramp while launching there jetski's and booking another jetskier for hooning in a 6 knot zone.. hah..

Tim

adrian

i've said it once and i'll say it again . if they obey the laws like we all do then they may share the water but if they don't sink em they make a good reef just tell us all where it is so we can and more to them

anzac

bidkev

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    Kingtin,

I think many yachties do have disdain for powerboats. But I wouldn't expect them to give way if they were racing. I think if safety is at sake, I'd take the chance to try to thread my way through, but wouldn't expect them to give way.

<snip>
    Jeremy
    Agreed Jeremy, which is why I said that it was one of those "Murphy" situations. What pissed me off was that they seemed to find it funny.

As another poster here has mentioned, even when they're not racing, some of them have total disregard for an anchored boat........mind you.......other boating fishos can be just as bad. It never ceases to amaze me that in a bay as big as The Paddock they will motor past at top revs as close as 10 metres, whilst you are anchored up fishing.

cheers

kev

bidkev

Quote Originally Posted by SeaHunt
    Hi Kingmad,
    I have met em, and the cops, a few times. I didn't have any fish to show them though.
    Unfortunately.
    I get 'em nearly every trip, especially the cops......they must have bloody good binos. I think it's the Kingtin that does it along with the image of a spilling XXXX can under the boat name :-)

They rock up expecting to see someone on the grog I reckon......gives 'em a shock when the deckie pulls herself up from the deck whilst topless sun baking :-)

cheers

kev

yeah yachties ... he he. when most of the arrogant buggers "steam up" too close we shoot gear {commercial strings,trotlines,droplines whatever} straight in front of them. They actually have to give way to us ,, nothing more funny than seeing some fat,over-tanned moron scrambling to de rig his sails. They see a power boat off in the distance and think huh , its not until they get close they realise they should have kept a better watch..

kingtin for 25yrs i was never checked by the water police been checked 3 times in the last couple of months.
    i think your right must have good optics
    cheers brian

bidkev

Quote Originally Posted by bigbrian47
    kingtin for 25yrs i was never checked by the water police been checked 3 times in the last couple of months.
    i think your right must have good optics
    cheers brian
    They must be on a "revenue raising" binge, seeing as the road cops have come in for such a bashing.

kev

There is no hope for some jet skiers. We even have them on lake eucumbene. We watch with amazement as they drive amongst trees and over submerged ones they can't see. The only bad part of one coming to grief is that we will be expected to remove them after impaling themselves on a branch. Down with the noisy b.....y things. They certainly do not help when one is stalking a suspicious wild brown in shallow water with a fly. Noel

And for a chuckle - I had just motored over to the yabby bank south of Wave Break & I was standing on the waters edge taking a leak. This jetski come motoring slowly straight at me. I got a bit annoyed that he kept staring straight at me while I was taking said leak so I had a shot at him about liking to watch blokes with their 'old fellas' out. Oops - yep it was the water police come to warn us about dodgy boat rego numbers. We at least managed to laugh it off pphhew.