Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Where are you from?

Re: Where are you from?

Auckland, NZ. Brisbane since 15yrs old, hopefully make the move to Mackay in the next couple of months, Brissie although wonderfull, is getting a bit too hectic for my tastes.
    Cheers,
    Jay.

Gaday folks...Batemans Bay here,south coast of NSW..I suppose after the state of origin series you guys won't want to know us until all your wounds heal...HeeHee
    Regards...kunnara

You would probably have to look long and hard to find anyone more of a Queenslander than yours truly. (in this colour anyway).
    I'm 46, partents born here, three of four grand parents born here. Originally from Darling Downs region, Brisbane for 7 years. Next and last move will be up North.
    I just had a look at the NSW state of origin team, those Blues selectors must be on drugs..
    All I can say is thanks and go the Maroons.

If you don't know what grinners are, then you are a lucky bastard

Born in brisbane..raised at Carina...now resident of north west suburb

Born in Bendigo Vic, grew up in Mackay NQ till I was 25, and moved to Beenleigh in '83, and been here ever since, well Waterford now, but still only 30 mins from Jacobs Well 8)
    I am a Queenslander through and through, even tho I was born in Vic, but still support the Blues when they arn't playing the Lions
    cheers
    Les

Another vote for Cleveland here. and grinners are the devil. half mouth the other half bones. they are truly the sewer rats of the sea. by the way i caught my biggest ever grinner at moreton last year, bastard went over a metre. can anyone beat that?

Another vote for the Redland Shire, lived at Birkdale for 25 years and Wello Pt for 6 years, mainly fish the bay

Quote Originally Posted by Cheech
    Consider myself a true Queenslander as I am here by choice, and not due to berth. But my 2 kids were born hear so I have to be considered a Queenslander at least by association.

Cheech
    Very simple cheech.... If you cheer the maroons on Wednesday night, and your favourite colour is maroon.... your a Qld'er. We dont have any other criteria

Les

Gaz_2000

Sydney,

Nice place to visist, but you wouldnt wanna live here, if only I could get a decent paying job in a fishing haven somewhere??????

Gaz

Hi
    Port Stephens
    Nelson Bay
    8) Tough but someones gotta do it.

Queenslander - Mackay and not leaving - especially while they keep filling those big holes with water and barra

hi there im from the u.k fish nearly every weekend but dont catch that much as the fishing on the east coast essex area is as the worst in my living memory which is due to a number of factors the main one being our spineless goverment has done nothing to protect our fish stocks from the french and spanish and does not recognise us as sport fisherman but i am in the process of applying for a australian visa so i hope to be out there with you boys drinking beer and catching fish!! a.s.a.p and to jump this sinking ship ,for a better life for me and the wife and kids.regards paul

Noel,
    I live not that far from you, Yass. I actually moved to Yass from Quenbeyan.I like wee jasper and Burrinjuck. Yass river is good if you like redfin and carp and very occasionally cod.

Darryn

Hi steelcat Have only been to Burrunjuck once and never fished it. We have on site van and 19 footer at Eucumbene so naturally that is our main f/water fishing. We troll there but mainly fly fish. Guy from Bowning (Aaron Payne ) worked for us four four years. You may know him if you enjoy a beer. We also fish Tuross Lake regularly and take a 14 foot tinnie there. Currently preparing to travel for a year and hopefully fish most of Aus, both fresh and salt, taking caravan and 12' car topper. Have to take wife too though. Good to hear from you. Noel