Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Where are you from?

Re: Where are you from?

born brissy ,lived at manly for years now at wello point,[birkdale].

born on the sunshine coast QLD... still living here! love the place!

Tamworth N.S.W Cod, yellowbelly and heaps of country music every january

Brett_Hoskin

Sydney. Port Stephens and now Mackay.

Hey Noel,,, know Queanbeyan well. Aunty use to live up at Wickerslack Lane.

Where are you from... Born in Canberra hospital, grew up in Victoria (Chaser,,, know Leongatha and Wonthaggi very well. Use to instruct at the Drop Zone (skydiving) at the Leongatha airfield about 15 years ago when it was operating.)

Then came up to Qld in late 94 for a holiday, after returning home partner said,,,, I wish I was in Qld. Said to her, ok let's move. The rest as they say is history. Moved the following easter and have lived on Ferny Hills ever since.

Unfortunately I was not into fishing when we picked the area otherwise I would have chosen somewhere a lot closer to the water.

Consider myself a true Queenslander as I am here by choice, and not due to berth. But my 2 kids were born hear so I have to be considered a Queenslander at least by association.

Cheech

Moorooka in Brizvegas mon-thur

Somerset Dam fri-sun (full time hopefully soon)

Paul cade

priemsy, We grew up in western vic. 20+ yrs, Ballarat, Colac Ararat. Used to fish Cairn Curran Fyans, Wartook (lovely place) Bellfield when they filled it Rocklands Colac Portland etc. Would like to visit some of those places again one day. The lure of a different climate is pretty strong though. We're 65 yrs young and warm weather/water and fish seem to go together pretty well. Noel

G'day

I'm Thai and live in Thailand

Cheers

earth

But spent nearly 20 yearsd at that godforsaken place called struggletown met the wife couldn't get out quick enough now live on the S/Shine coast couldn't be happier "well maybe"

s.tury

ipswich boy moved to sunny coast 6yrs ago

Currently Sunny Coast in beautiful Queensland via a varity of places Rockhampton, Home Hill, Canberra, Melbourne, Gippsland, Ipswich, Redcliffe, Sydney, Malaya, Fiji.
    Just don't tell the police my location OK! (Pity my son is a cop)

Noel that area is pretty well stuffed mate. > Most of the waters are that low ya can't get a boat in. > Hope the poor buggas get some rain soon.

hi from redcliffe out of brisie. i fish scarborough reef and hases inlet i have a 11 ft 6 " tinnie i call dambuster. i fish a lot of dames in south east qld. cheers Arthur.

Hi, Thanks foe all the replies. Didn't expect so many. Having a few 'puter problems, and am just about computer illiterate. Can still catch a fish now and then though. I sent something like this the other day but it doesn't show up. I gather there are a few 'not so youngs' like us out there too. Perhaps when we go north we may meet some in person. Also, I know many of the fish of which you speak, but GRinners?????? Never heard of them. What are they? Noel