Thread: Where to go for overseas fishing trip?

Where to go for overseas fishing trip?

Howdy all
    Will be heading overseas around Oct-Nov for a holiday with the missus, Outsider and his wife. Now we will be taking some fishing gear for the shallows but will also be doing a charter aswell. My problem is working where to go for the holiday and find some great fishing.The areas where looking at is Vanuatu, Tailand, Bali, Cook islands,Tonga and generaly that sort of regions. I went to Vanuatu 2 years ago and had a ball but the charters are big bucks when you dont have many people. Some are around the 1000 bucks each for the day with two poeple min. I just want to know has anyone got any ideas or better still experienced a good place for a hloiday and great fishing.If anyone else is intrested in doing the same thing or just want to go fishing let me know as it would cut the prices hugely
    Cheers Greg

www.wickedfishing.com.au The place for wicked fish pics, articles and DVD's. Your ultimate reef fishing DVD "Double Island Point & Beyond" on sale now.

Re: Where to go for overseas fishing trip?

Been to Fiji twice mate, had a ball both times. Place is unreal - absolute paradise with unreal fishing pretty much anywhere you go. The inhabitants are renowned as the friendliest people in the world too.

I could recommend Fiji more highly.

Ben

Ben i was about to add to my post that fiji would not be the place for this holiday as we will be heading there next year. Thanks for your reply and i would still like peoples replys if you have even been to fiji to get an idea still
    Cheers Greg

www.wickedfishing.com.au The place for wicked fish pics, articles and DVD's. Your ultimate reef fishing DVD "Double Island Point & Beyond" on sale now.

No worries mate. If you want any info/adive on where to go, what to do, what to see, attractions, do's and don'ts etc....let me know. Will be only too happy to provide.

Ben

yep i agree with maria. fiji.is tops. been there about 6 or 7 times. got many relo's over there. great people to fish with. goin back for 2 weeks in sept this year. doin the whole nine yards again. fish'n relax'n and more fish'n. and maybe catch up with the relo's.hmmm. maybe?

one word,

Palau ( micronesia )

I suppose that's more than one word ! hey ?

Phill 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

I'm in exactly the same predicament I could not decide where to go for an o/s holiday. We decided to go to The Bay Of Islands N.Z. our friends who we are travelling with say it is fantastic and the fishing is unbelievable(Snapper in twenty foot of water within a stones throw of land.) If you go a little further out their are some real monsters, Hapuka etc. We are going in feb. '05.-Beatle [smiley=beatnik.gif]