Thread: How do you keep your blood worms?

Mudcrab

How do you keep your blood worms?

I have always found that if I completely cover them with course salt similar to pool salt, leave them for about fifteen minutes, shake off the excess salt, place them between several sheets of newspaper, press them flat and after another fifteen minutes, just chuck 'em in a tupperware sealed dish in the ordinary fridge, NOT the freezer, they will stay fresh and rubbery for up to six months. They don't look to flash but the whiting love them and if you use as loop to hold your hook on, you can tail loop the critter to the hook. I have caught up to six whiting on the one bait as they are as tuff as hell to get off. Good value for money! Tuff call to make but the moment I buy them froim the shop I do the salt bit immediately. What other techniques to readers use?

Re: How do you keep your blood worms?

I've never done it myself, but i hear that marinading your worms in metho also keeps them in good nick. Apparently the fish love em!? But I like to use my worms as they are when they come outta the mud, nice n fresh. I cut their bloody heads off though when i use em. Fish never eat that part, and the little critters always seem to bite me.

hutcho

Salting down pippies makes them nice and rubbery as well, and certainly last much longer on your hook, and the fish like em just as much, if not more.

This Method Has Worked For Me For Years.
    Metho For 5 Mins, Then Dryout on Some Newspaper For 5 Mins,
    Cover With Beach Sand Then Straight into a Glad Bag with Some Sand & In The Freezer.
    Try it,Im Sure Youl all Be Impressed With The Results.
    Wayne.

CQ_Fisher

You boys are wasting good metho on blood worms. Metho good for one thing only and thats drinkin'.

cHiCo

Metho.....is that what the parkies have so much of it for????????

dip em in metho then take em straight out and put on newspaper for bout 1 min then soak in red or green cordial for 5mins then pakage and put in the freezer.

cheers..............corza

metho 1 min
    green cordial 5 min
    serve with ice