Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ausfish stickers/ boat names - not happy Jan

Re: Ausfish stickers/ boat names - not happy Jan

How can you get the stickers off?

My boat has a sticker that i don't like but its on bloody good.

the boat is painted aluminium

CHRIS_aka_GWH

a warm iron or hairdryer set on high - they'll just peel straight off. That's how we de-sticker our rentals.

Well - this one sure generated some input . Seems by an overwhelming weight of evidence that my error was in having too much water mist on the hull and peeling off the application paper when the sticker was not adhered enough to stay stuck to the hull even though the recommended time had elapsed .

Steve - the Ausfish stickers have been given the stamp of approval by most users . With the amount of good guts info posted here on the subject hopefully no one else will have the problems I had [smiley=hammer.gif] so something has been achieved.

Chris

imported_admin

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar
    Seems by an overwhelming weight of evidence that my error was in having too much water mist on the hull and peeling off the application paper when the sticker was not adhered enough to stay stuck to the hull even though the recommended time had elapsed .

Chris
    Chris

It would appear that that was the problem. I have been selling and applying these stickers for a few years now so I trust the product and know that if the things that happen as first posted occur then I know that it is not the product at fault.

After selling several hundred stickers to Australia, UK & USA I have never received an E-mail from any customer saying they have had a problem with applying them. Therefore assuming that the instructions where adequate, but maybe they need a bit of adjusting.

Here is a copy of the text from the printed instructions, from your experience with applying the stickers for the first time can you offer any advice on how better to discribe this or any other part of the instructions ?

Depending on the amount of moisture you sprayed on the surface you will now need to wait for the surface to dry. About 30 minutes to an hour is a reasonable time, depending on the temperature.

Once you are satisfied that the sticker is dry you can remove the application tape. Carefully start peeling back the application tape from the front top corner on a diagonal. If the sticker stays on the application tape instead of staying on the surface this means it is not yet dry enough. If the sticker does lift just push it back down with your credit card as you did before. If it is dry enough just slowly remove the application tape on a diagonal keeping your hand that is pulling the application tape close to the surface so the application tape is nearly folding back on itself. Once removed you can discard the application tape.
    Copy of full instructions are at - http://www.ausfish.com.au/stickers/apply.htm