Just to answer mackmaulers question about where and what fish ... well just about 'everything' from tin can to eden for the last 15 years as decky or other crew, mostly work(skipper) now between noosa and yamba for a large company with several boats, I pretty much work EVERYDAY and only break for extreme weather, low catches or just because of I f%$c%e# feel like it. catches include all mixed reef ,, jews , all tuna , all macks ,most other pelagics though not generally targeted ,,all baitfish ,, some sharks {mainly school}, all crabs , prawns etc,
the moon and tide for my money outweighs any barometric theories ,, hey , I could be wrong , never claimed to know it all but to have to fish for so many species in so many waters for so long , i 'personally' dont consider 'lows' make for a fishing down turn ,, but then ,sometimes a bad low will force us to fish inshore grounds that dont usually fire but can , if you know what i mean. just means we cant really go where we WANT to ,. so whats to say is going on out wide when its (the sea) is too bad for most fishos to venture out..

like I said , dont want a sound like a "know it all , been there done that" type , the mackmauler has probably brained more things like spaniards etc than I ever will but ive had some big takes{catches} in bad lows 'is all'.the sort of weather that makes you question how hungry you are for a buck ,,I only remember cause some of our biggest days have been in really bad conditions with strong lows bearing down from several systems. 8) basically ive had big days and bad days in all conditions ,but in the end ,, my log shows many days and many species all being caught in/around low pressure systems.

just be carefull