Thread: Fishing DVD's and videos

Fishing DVD's and videos

Was just down at JB hifi to look for fishing DVD's.

The only stuff they had was boring pommies catching boring carp that looked like they had been eating bangers and mash every meal for the last 10 years. There was about 10 DVD's of this crap but nothing relating to our good old land called Oz.

What i want to know is the names of DVD's and videos relating to Australian fishing. What are the good ones and what are the bad ones?

It doesn't matter if its fresh or saltwater, lure or LBG.

imported_admin

Re: Fishing DVD's and videos

Only a couple of Australian Fishing DVD's available at this stage, have been chasing up our supplier for a while now and they just keep saying that they are looking into it.

Range of books & videos at http://www.ausfish.com.au/books/

Mal Florence and Harro ones would be my pick.

Absolutely, without doubt, the best fishing video I have ever seen is called "Fishing Wild in Weipa". If you can't find it drop me an email and I will get you a contact phone number for the distributor.

KC

Are the ausfish ones available on DVD?

I've just watched the Barry McDade video on Snapper. Its the best fishing video I have seen. Some very useful information for anybody into targeting this fish.

The video cover gives his e-mail as

guide@satnav.com.au

and a phone #

075444 4330

GDay mate - you didn't mention what part of the world you're from but check your local library.

Up here in Brissy the Brisbane City Council Library has a range of fishing videos - most of Harros and few others.

Doesn't cost you anything to join or borrow and you can order the stuff over the net and pick it up from your nearest location.

And if you're in the know .. you can give it back and still have one for yourself

Bugman

We have some videos of the top end, Rowley Shoals, etc produced by Alex Julius (fish mag photographer turned publisher) that have a lot of good action on them. There was also a series put out a while back by Greg Norman, Jim Allen and others too. They cover game fishing, Barra on lures, Black Bass etc etc. One of those shows Jim Allen taking a 10lb brown trout on a dry fly and the camera man got every detail of the fish putting its nose through the surface to take the fly. Fabulous photography. Unfortuantely, many of mine are fly fishing NZ and not of interest to a lot of you northerners.. Noel

imported_admin

Quote Originally Posted by xxxxhornet
    Are the ausfish ones available on DVD?
    No, as stated above "have been chasing up our supplier for a while now and they just keep saying that they are looking into it."

G'day guys,

Hey, how about we make our own, or show our own. From memory Heath's video was pretty good. Ya just gotta love Fishin' and AC DC Are there any more about??

Cheers,
    Tony 8)
    Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem Bright ...... untill they speak

If anyone would like there videos backed up to DVD, just let me know 8)

Also, Fishing the Gold Coast DVD. One of the best ever released...LOL Vol 2 will be out around xmas....hehe
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM

Geez Heath,

Good timing for Vol2 mate, well there's the missus present sorted then.

Cheers,
    Tony 8)
    Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem Bright ...... untill they speak

lmao - Bound to be a good laugh Heath :-)

How's the Pilly Sock goin mate?
    Cheers,
    Tony