Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Not My fault Boss......Honest!

bidkev

It's Not My fault Boss......Honest!

Just been reading that Shorncliffe's (Baxters) jetty which was under a $600,000 facelift, and was near to completion, was practically demolished in last Wednesday night's high tide.

One department referred the reporter to another, and again, and again, and again, until the Lord Mayor's office was suggested.........nobody there was available for comment :-)

CHRIS_aka_GWH

Re: It's Not My fault Boss......Honest!

the liberal Lord Mayor will say " see the shocking state the former Labor Council has left the place in"

the smiling Labor Premier will say "what a boost we have provided for Qld fisheries - another artificial reef without any addtional cost to the fishing public - photos anyone ?

Ahhh that would be the "three go" former Labour council... where it takes them 3 goes to get anything right (E.G. Corronation Drive, Riverwalk)

Aside from the fact that its tax dollars that have been sunk, its pretty funny.

bidkev

Quote Originally Posted by MY-TopEnder
    Ahhh that would be the "three go" former Labour council... where it takes them 3 goes to get anything right (E.G. Corronation Drive, Riverwalk)

Aside from the fact that its tax dollars that have been sunk, its pretty funny.
    And there's some pretty big pieces of timber floating around the Bay.......Securite......Securite.......Securite! :-)

kev

Yeah i've heard that quite often the odd container falls off some of those bigger container ships as they come into the Brisbane wharves... never seen one myself but i have heard of it.

They mostly lose the containers out at sea in rough weather, yachties are always finding them in the middle of the night.

bidkev

Quote Originally Posted by SeaHunt
    They mostly lose the containers out at sea in rough weather, yachties are always finding them in the middle of the night. #
    Whilst they're asleep on auto pilot........then they tell the rescue services and the insurers that it was a passing whale and they couldn't avoid it........"It came straight for me......honest!" :-)

kev

haha true...

Kev,
    How much was damaged or are you just stretching the truth???

Quote Originally Posted by MY-TopEnder
    Yeah i've heard that quite often the odd container falls off some of those bigger container ships as they come into the Brisbane wharves... never seen one myself but i have heard of it.
    "Ummm Honey....I lost my job today."

asdf

asdf

asdf

What a fiasco! I believe the expression is, "D'OH!"
    "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-- Mark Twain"

NQCairns

What a mess that truck needs new suspension.

Once a long time ago traveling at night offshore at speed in 100m+ of water we recon we hit a container (but could have been anything really hard) it demolished the o/b leg to the point of exposing the gears. There was a light pink mark on the hull but we didn't feel it hit the boat only the engine. Closest I have ever come to shiting myself on the spot!! - so far anyway nq