Thread: Public moorings/warves Brissy river

Public moorings/warves Brissy river

Chaps,

Looks like I might be running a Bucks Party tour along the Brissy river on Saturday arvo/evening.

Just wondering if people know of any place where you can pull the boat up and get off to stretch the legs along the way

I'm thinking Breky Creek Warf still allows you to pull up there for a quite one - anywhere at Riverside, Kangaroo Point, The old Woolshed, Southbank etc

Any info would be helpful - I'll be driving and reponsible for all those concerned - well responsible until the boat goes back on the trailer

Bugman

Re: Public moorings/warves Brissy river

What about Colmslie Boat Ramps floating pontoon? there may be BBQ's down there... otherwise there is a park there to sit around and have a chat.

There are two public pontoons at southbank. Not a bad stop for a beer - there is usually enough sightseeing available there to satisfy even a bucks party. Watch the current though.

Smerl

Which ones are they Smerl, there's quite a few there. Can you tie up or are they simply drop in - drop off scenariois.

I'd actually thought about Colmslie - we me head down there for a kick of the footy.

Anywhere else that anyone knows?

Brett

I don't know of any offhand.
    Its pretty ordinary when you think about it, we have a city of one million people with a bloody great river running through it and nowhere to park your boat. ???

I did my boating course a few years back and they used the public pontoons at southbank for us to load and unload. They were the pontoons closest to the Goodwill Bridge. I'm not sure how long you can park up there for though...you may have to give Southbank Parklands a ring to ask them. You'll also need those squishy buoy tings to hang over the side of your boat, cos when the city cat goes past, it creates a pretty nasty wake, so save your boat getting bashed up if you decide to use it.
    There is a jetty also at West End past the rowing sheds that you can tie up to if you get down that far.

Hutcho

Brett,

The public moorings are the two closest to the Goodwill bridge as Hutcho said - They are basically straight below the artificial beach. There are no signs on them indicating time limits.

The new Lightning should look good parked up at Southbank.

Smerl

Thanks guys,

I'll actually be launching at the SE QLD powerboat club ramp at Yeronga so will be heading downstream for there. Plan is for a bit of drinkies, barbie, pub crawl down the river and back.

I'd love to tie up at the Regatta Ferry stop for a couple but that's impossible.

I'll call into Southbank and have already looked at the pull in are at Kangaroo Point cliffs but it's silted up badly.

Probably head to Riverside and see what's happening there - then over to Story Bridge way. Mertha bowls club could also be a go - or the Brisbane sailing club at Bulimba - then the breaky creek and maybe Hamilton.

If we can't stop places we'll just have to cruise and drink our own supply. Life's tough really.

I bloody agree Sea Hunt - I'm sure there's reasons but public facilities you would think would be a given !!

Brett

Oxleys on the river have a big, mostly unused pontoon.
    If you phone them first and offer to pay (not much) they might let you park there. You could walk to the Regatta from there.