Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Go the Maroons!

Re: Go the Maroons!

I coached my sons side from under 7's till under 16's and they won 2 grand finals and a presidents flag in all that time. We were also losers on many more occasions. From a coaching view what Gould did by turning his back with 2 mins to go was probably the worst case of spoiled sport I have ever seen from a coach. He should have died by the sword, like he lived by the sword in the first game. Poor effort from him because his team certainly played well enough to win, and they can be proud of the effort they put in.

Long live Hagen and long reign the mighty MAROONS !!!!!

Bloody nice game! If they give young Matty Bowman from Townsville a full half we will shit the next one in.

I hate NSW! Shit !Vomit!KILLLLLLL

Bowen really suprised me, he plays well above his weight as does Wesser and Slater. Looks like the Qld team has some real potential for the future. Gotta love the origins to re-ignite some passion for the game.
    Qld 2-1 series win in 3 weeks. Yeeeeessssss

Couldn't expect anything other than that from Gould. Always been a poor sport, no respect for the other team. Best thing that could happen to the sport was having him quit!

>
    Southwind SF20 'Piscatoreous'
    Savage 14ft tinny "About Time'

Super effort that!! Thought Paul Bowman was outstanding in defence and Matty Bowen really put some spark into the dummy half area. Phil Gould ..... Suck my bait!

adriancorrea

He'd only whinge about your bait Dartman lol
    GO THE MAROONS

Tight Lines
    Adrian

NOW, you all come out of the woodwork.
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM

Great game...although Hampstead tried to ruin it with another inept performance >

How bloody poor was Gus's form... 2 minutes to the end and he storms off to have a sulk about things. Gees i hate that man... he's like a little spoilt child who was told no.

GO THE MAROONS!!!!!!

DaneCross

Ahhh yesss, how sweet it is to hit back The ability of Slater to run that gap, re-gather Lockyers chip, kick a perfectly weighted ball at full pace, re-gather and score in full flight was outstanding. Bowmans defence was great and I've always wanted to see Matty Bowan get a better go, last night he showed he could handle it. Hopefully we see more of him.
    AND how good is it to get on here and rave about how good some of the lesser known players who stepped up last night instead of hearing the same ol' Lockyer/Webke story - not that they had bad games mind you. I think it was because of them that the outside backs got to see more ball.
    NSW have a lot to worry about next game, these QLD boys are only gonna get better.
    Ray Warens call to bring back Tallis for the third game was an interesting speculation - I'd love to see that!

cHiCo

Doubt you could drop either carlaw or price on form! carlaw is an unsung hero and Price is a workhorse, sure tallis is a legend and i'd love to see him back but our 2nd rowers are in prime form, hate to see one get dropped, but still love to see tallis make a comeback.

DaneCross

Thats true Chico, I wouldn't want to be the one making the call

yes
    [smiley=laola.gif]
    "whats the time"

Slazza (Bill SLater) and Dazza ( you know who that is), bit of razzle dazzle fomr dazza and slazza, what a night god im loving rubbing it in to my nsw mates well not reely mates hahaha i love it. Not yet for Gordy he should comeback for the series next year and retire after game 3, that way everyone would lift, we would win and hed go out as a hero from his home ground.
    If it all went to paln hahah,
    Cheers,
    JAckash.

It isnt the first time the better team looses due to bad decisions from the referee's.
    I think it is probably for the better considering the third game would not be much fun to watch.