Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should there be a bag limit on WHITING

Re: Should there be a bag limit on WHITING

Fisheries "you don't want that fish, so you are busted"

Me "how can you tell I don't want it?"

Fisheries "well you just tossed it on the shore to die"

Me "I don't have time or see it as necessary to bleed and ice my fish. I am too busy fishing"

Do we need to keep going with this?

yes please

It should be obvious from the circumstances what your intentions are. Most people have an esky or some other carrying device to put the keepers in. But if you were throwing the keepers up the bank as well (not a good idea, I've had dogs and birds pinch my fish like that) then they would just have to wait until you pack up and leave - ie pull you up as soon as you dtart your car to drive off. But that is a very extreme case. If you still wanted to argue the point you could go to court and say under oath that you intended to eat that toadfish.

Thanks for the discussion Jockey.

The End.

I am a South Australian and we have aa bag limit of 20 per person 60 per boat minimum size is 30cms that is for king george whiting, yellowfinis same bag limit but 24cms minimum and the same for silver whiting this has been in place for many years and we are still finding it hard to catch regular feeds in the metro area put them in place soon or you will find the same thing will happen there