Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: PIC...OF YOUR BIGGEST FISH

Re: PIC...OF YOUR BIGGEST FISH

At least the marlin got put to use neil. Would have been a real shame if it was just dummped.

Dan
    Southwind SF20 'Piscatoreous'
    Savage 14ft tinny "About Time'

finally worked out how to scan pictures so i have a picture of my spotty mackeral from the great spotty mackeral boil at noosa. i caught a whole 1 fish. probably my most enjoyable fish to catch put up a decent fight.
    cheers philip
    Bring on the Marlin!!!

Nice spotty mate.
    What reef or area at Noosa was the mackerel boil?
    Usually fish Noosa each Xmas.
    cheers
    Les

the mackeral were boiling about 50m from the shore line at easter they were everywere very thick. they were boiling for about 3 weeks. the spotties are still out at the reefs at noosa. were do you normally fish around noosa when your there. the noosa bar is stuffed atm. virtually uncrossible. at christmas you should try trolling through the bay you could get some good spaniards that tme of year.
    cheers philip
    Bring on the Marlin!!!

Usually little halls, big halls then off to do runs along the front of sunshine is the go. Sometimes we go out to barwon banks, but only if we are desperate. Cant remember the name of the reef opposite devils gates but we usually start there and nice spaniards haunt it when its on.
    The bar has been crap for ages now and makes going out a pain in the bum, but getting there is half the fun I spose
    cheers
    Les

it is jew shoal just out from the headland has a big pinicalle rises upto about 7m over pinicale. the dive boats do a lot of diving at jew shoal im going on a charter there sometime soon the charter boat draws 1.2m so it will be very intersting to see how he gets across. do you ever try bottom bashing at sunshine? quality coral trout and sweetlip are around at chrissy time. numerous times on the charter we have bounced along the sand coming in other times we have had everyone on the bow of the boat to raise the back. quite a fun experience
    cheers philip
    p.s. this is a pick of the mackeral boiling in a small group there were about 20 boils like this everywere awsome fun.
    Bring on the Marlin!!!

awesome pic Philip, never seen that at xmas time usually not that calm either. Thats the name of the reef I was trying to remember, jew shoals We ofter bottom bash from the bar out to the headland on the reefs thru there, but rarely off sunshine do we try bottom, but will give it a try next time. cheers
    Les

Not much in the photo album but they exist on video. Bit of a variety, rainbow trout 4.8kgs on fly in NZ, a metre long 'couta caught while catching gars on 1.5 line and a #10 hook, striped marlin 90kgs on live bait on the shelf outside Montagu island. Noel.

Well - heaps of this species make up the biggest catch for a lot of anglers. Here is this years effort (caught in May) of a 20+kg cobe at Palm beach reef. My biggest fish so far.

Cheers
    Steve.

Sorry about the crap picture but my good neighbour has the original photo .I caught this 18.3/4lb Snapper at a spot south of wide caloundra.We just finished cleaning up the boat and I had the last line in the water when it hit.Good way to finish up a top day's fishing I think

36lb Qld Groper caught at the Limmen Bight River a couple of months ago on 20lb line. Released for another day.

Big Al 2

And a nice 14lb Golden Trevally the following day that went like a steam train.

Big Al 2

Hi Reeljob,

I don't think I have the original of that photo, but here is a better quailty pic of you with the same fish.

searaider

Onya Reel-Job ,
    Nice Snapper .

Peter
    Searaider 2

Biggest Faust barra landed so far . aprox 40 lbs September 2003.
    Good fun in the sticks!
    McCod.

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."