Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: AUSFISH PACKS

AUSFISH PACKS

Folks

After seeing all the comments on the post "Live Chat" (link below) I thought it might be useful to see just how many people would be interested in an "Ausfish Pack".

http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfis...num=1087822314

Maybe some comments on what should be included might help.

Cheers

Derek

Re: AUSFISH PACKS

Stupid me should have read this link before shooting off dumb questions.

Yeah count me in, i need stickers anyway so yeah i'm in.

Like I mentioned in the other post, I think a range of packs would work well. A price range from say 10 bucks to whatever including stuff like Ausfish caps, wetsuit style stubbie coolers, 6 pack eskys, tackle boxes, boat stickers (fish and website ones) t-shirts, singlets, pennants and towels to name a few different items. Of course you wouldnt look at a full range like that yet, but a standard starters pack of say cap and t-shirt would see how popular it would be. To begin with most companies who supply this kind of thing need a minimum order to establish the screen printing, then a deal is struck on future orders. I used to get shirts screen printed for our boys end of season gift at footy breakup day, and the company I dealt with kept the stencil for next year / order. Obviously the bigger the order the cheaper it gets.
    I suggest a pre-paid system to start with to get required funds, then move onto set packs from there.

I think you would be suprised how popular this idea would become, and as a gift idea for dads birthday/fathers day kids would have a ball seeing dad enjoy a gift that he actually wanted LOL.
    If ever there came a time where funds to run this site become necessary, membership could then be much more attractive if the payment included a standard gift pack.
    Sorry to go into so much detail, but this is my field you see, I am a professional merchandiser and this idea has a lot of potential and should not be thought of lightly.
    I encourage all Ausfish members to get behind this and support your site [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    cheers
    Les

Can't add much to MTPockets ideas about what to include - maybe the stickers could be of the legal measuring tape style?

As a merchandiser, MT would realize the virtue of merchandising 'consumeables - eg. at a later stage, it may be worth considering 'ausfish' packaging for everyday angling items - hooks, lures, etc. (Rex Hunt style - doesn't matter so much who actually mnakes the produxct as long as it's quality)

I'd personally be good with caps, t-shirts, maybe a special order of the UV protection style long sleeve shirts.

Les,

Good work there mate - some great suggestions that I couldn't agree more with.

I'd say different packs containing different things, at different prices is the go, but as Les said, start off with something basic to test the water.

Ben

For this poll, might I suggest one of the mods make it a sticky? That would keep it to the top and everyone will get a chance to vote.
    cheers
    Les

I would have to say WITHOUT DOUBT !!!!

i can tell you right now , even at $100 ....i am getting a lot more value for my money each year from advice and hooking up with people to fish with / share fuel and find out whats on the bite !

add in a few tangable odds and ends and you have a BARGAIN

i already have bought stickers , caps , beanies etc and would buy more to see the site expand ( even though i am more then happy with it's current performance / structure and overall quality )

Big Thumbs up [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

In the way of possible merchandise ...anything from Jumpers , shirts , tackle boxes , heck the list could go one ....i buy the stuff everyday from all sorts of places ...the extra incentive to buy online to support the site is all good in my mind.

As a long time reader but new contributor, I'm really keen to get involved. Fantastic idea, and count me in

Cheers

yes

Commodore

I just spoke with Les and I think it’s a top idea, maybe something in a back pack?
    I'll have two!
    Cheers,
    Matt

Hey Matt, Hows a Ausfish Bourbon and Coke comemrative series sound?..... too much time on my hands.........

Commodore

What about RUM & COKE.. I can even make some labels….
    This is one I did for the last trip out in the west..

great work on that label. Just get Ausfish on the label somewhere and we in business.
    Thanks guys for putting this up as a sticky, great idea.
    cheers
    Les

DaneCross

T-shirt, cap and sticker/flag pack would be good [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
    Would be good to see more boats getting around with the Ausfish logo, I sometimes look at other boats and wonder whether they're members that havn't yet bothered to buy a sticker Hopefully by making them more atteactive i.e. bought as a pack, we will start to see more around!

PS Put me down for a carton of Ausfish bourbon and coke cans too

For those interested I have just changed the options to allow guests to vote. It would be great if everyone signed up and became a membert but some choose not to.

Thats life I guess.

Cheers

Derek