Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Am I too harsh ?

Am I too harsh ?

Please feel free:-

Wednesday is a public holiday ( show day ) in Brisvegas.

Am I asking toooooo much, that if a worker takes the day off, he /she should turn up Thursday with a ticket stub from the Ekka,to show that they have attended the reason for the day off, or be docked a day's pay. Afterall, the day off is for the EKKA.

And then to top it off, Thursday is a Pupil Free day at school ( here ), and all those Single Mum's and Dad's now either have to take another day off, pay babysitters or make other arrangements.

Now why do people outside Brisbane get the day or another day off. Logan City, Redlands, etc etc.

Further, if one has the Labour Day off and does not march or participate in Labour Day activities, dock the days pay.

The Bloody Queens birthday, if you don't bring some birthday cake to work the next day for the boss, dock ya pay.

I'm blowing off steam, because, I am self employed, and therefore only get paid for the work I do. The thought of paying someone a days pay for not turning up to work ? well, I just can't fathom that ? And to top it off, that person does not attend the reason for the day off.

Now, I am a proud Aussie, and I like me days off as well as the next fella, cause that is good fishing time, but, really.

So, the question might be:-

Do you feel ( wage and salary earners ), guilty having a show day off and NOT attending the Show ?

Let's also hear from the employers on this one.

Cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Re: Am I too harsh ?

I dont get public holidays, i supouse im not public enough. Now i dont think im qualified to answer at all

well i'm also self empoyed (no other workers ) and i can have as many days off as i like but i sure like the money too
    i can't understand (not sure whats it like up there in toad country) but every time school returns from holidays the teachers have a pupil free day ???
    i'm with you phill

aquarius

I'm working tomorrow and getting double time for it so i'm happy.
    Ekka holiday is great for some but not so good if your self employed like Phill
    Cheers Brent

I dont feel guilty at all Phil .. Not only is wednesday a public holiday for me but friday is also my Rostered day off... so guess what ...Thursday I wont be at work either...

Ill be lazing back in an apartment at Mooloolabah...

You ever get up at 0300 and go to a dawn parade to commemorate Anzac Day, or sleep in like 90-something percent of the population do?

Ben

Yes Ben, another good point.

Well, for me, I do go to a March, where ever I am. and thank those diggers for the lifestyle that I lead now.

Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Big_Kev

Phil you just need to know how to work the system.
    Being your own employee, I am sure that you will be working the tax system as hard as you can? Perks the so called worker can not access?
    The decision is yours, you can always go and work for someone else. What would be your answer?
    Cheers Kev.

I get Good Friday off, but I don't go out and get nailed to a cross for it. Some other guy did that years ago for all of us. I 'spose you want to dock me for that one too.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

My place of employement works 24/7. Cant go fishing on my day off, have to look after the kids so the teachers can have 2 public holidays instead of one. GOOD FOR SOME.

The only Bonus I get is to spend time with my boys. (To young yet to go fishing in the bay.)

I am with kev on this one
    I am also self employed and would not work for wages, I like my benifets to much
    Phil - Have you ever had a couple hours off here and there to take care of some personal thing, I do all the time
    My wife works in the public health system and gets benifets like HOLIDAY PAY sickleave annual leave and paid very well when she works public holidays etc
    but being self employed i dtill recken i get the best deal
    cheers
    blaze
    ps
    as for teachers, i wouldnt have there job for a mill a year unless you allowed me to administer disipline

Quote Originally Posted by aussiebasser
    I get Good Friday off, but I don't go out and get nailed to a cross for it. #Some other guy did that years ago for all of us. #I 'spose you want to dock me for that one too.

I'm with you Aussiebasser [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

What about this angle Phill......(ya tightrrs who nobody would work for anyway.... )

Mate, I reckon we should all get pissed and go to the races ,and then give the bill to the BOSS the next day ,because it was his fault we spent so much > > ,for having, to have ,the bloody day off. > >

I reckon it suks too > that Fathers Day is ALWAYS on a Sunday ,WE should be given the whole week off....... [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Disclaimer: wind and tide permitting ,or WE get to chose another week.

Bring on Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny [smiley=laola.gif]

The more holidays the better. Great for kids, fishing and relaxing. I already work 10-12 hour days and get paid for 7.25, so have little sympathy for the employers.

Next you will want to cancel Christmas.

Mark

Ausfish Addict

Lucky Phil
    Well, for me, I do go to a March, where ever I am. and thank those diggers for the lifestyle that I lead now.
    so then what are you whinging about then phil, they say if its too hot in the kitchen then get out, geeez, try living with an intellectual, psychiatric and multiple disability and see how you get treated by society, my turn to blow off steam now, how does that saying go, I thought i was hard done by because i had no shoes, then i saw a person with no feet
    cheers
    Joe.

At least the guy with no feet doesnt have to worry about shoes