Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brisbane Boat Show

Re: Brisbane Boat Show

Me and the deckie went in today for a look around.

I wanted to get there at 11:15 for the luring bream by Tim the Bream and his brother and of course we got there at half past and headed in but Gary Howard was still talking outboards so we sat there and watched that then saw the bream boys. VERY interesting information. We did a bit more walking around but a huge line to get into the riviera... piss off i'll never own one so why bother. Had a feed.. there should be something criminal about having to pay $13 for a burger, coke and chips. Anyway back to watch the end of the flares talk then on to seeing the talk on Hervey Bay... also VERY interesting.

As was mentioned though... bugger all in the way of tackle, and not many specials on boats either. Still it was a good day all round.

A mate and I went on Saturday. Ended up speniding way too much about $450 worth the main purchace being a 130 ltr Eva Cool esky for $259 , A BIG BLOODY esky, a couple of subcriptions (and a dozen or so Rats).
    Ran into fellow Ausfishes phillip_tompson and Matman for the first time at lunch, good to have a chat guys all the best you never I now might see you out on the waters of Moreton Bay [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
    Damien.

MulletMan

Yeh, I always get disappointed at the lack of "unusual stuff" that we boaties love to buy for no reason whatsoever. Obvious lack of thse small stalls and the fishing gear and stuff on sale was a real disappointment. Could do better at BigW.
    Only thing I bought was the new fibre glass restorer pack ($100) but geeeez, does it work brilliantly! Was easy to apply and comes up as new. Worth every cent of the cost and have enough left over for a touchup job in another twelve months.
    No doubt the ginormous cost of a stand there deters the smaller dealers. $55,000 for some of the boat stands and $5,000 for the smaller ones. Give me the Ekka back I reckon!

If that indeed is the cost of a stand, that is rediculous. In my mind there are 2 ways of thinking about the cost as far as the retailers are concerned. On one hand I think, well no wonder they aren't offering any good specials if they have to recoup that sort of money. But on the other hand they must be doing alright out of it otherwise the show wouldn't be booked solid for months in advance......

Dunno what to make of that one.

Last time I went was a investigative mission for the new boat. Save me driving around the country side looking at boats. They were all at the hall, so I could see them all & gain some good ideas and listen to salesmans bullshit as to why their boats were best.

The amount of times I heard the saleman say that the competetions new boats had issues was unbelievable.

Funny story with that last trip was the pissed salesman from a Trailcraft dealer. Bloody funny winding him up, even funnier watching him unwind.
    Poor attitude by a representative of a Brisbane boat dealership...... was bloody funny though.

Havn't been for 2 years now, might go next year for a bo peep.

Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM

???Rumour has it that not such a big turnout as previous years.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by TheCommodore
    .... Give me the Ekka back I reckon!
    The Ekka ground [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] for sure any day. The Ekka ground had some "character" and was very Queensland as opposed to the perceived "class" of the convention centre in trying to mirror the dull and dreary southern style.

The first year at the convention centre was a complete let down from the old Ekka ground, 3 years latter it hadn't got any better and now still sounds like much the same old drab. Not even slightly interested in "doing it" any more.

Cheers, Kerry.

Came away with a new 12V battery for camping, bunch of SP's and one of those knife sharpener things.

Got out of it no too bad, but now I want to spend $115k on one of those Larson Cabrio cruisers...could end up being a very expensive boat show.

Quote Originally Posted by Volvo
    ???Rumour has it that not such a big turnout as previous years.
    Cheers
    Yeah I went Saturday arvo/night. There were not that many there. When the search for model stuff started , I thing almost every guy in the place was out there for a perve. Cept me of course

Funny how a lot of them listed their profession as "dancer", aka stripper. [smiley=stunned.gif]

I didn't buy anything, cept beer.

DaneCross

We did a 'hit-n-run' Saturday morning. Main aim was to have a listen to David Greens flathead tips. Picked up some valuable info from one of the masters then had a very quick scoot around at the boats and the overpriced 'bargain' fishing bits and bailed. I couldnt complain, we got to see what we came to see.
    Was anyone else there for Greenys talk??
    DC

Hi Dc, and others! Went there Saturday just in time for Greenies talk, but missed it - went around the Bush n Beach stand and caught uyp weith some old mates brad Young, and Ben, and bill corten, and caught up with Webby as well- great to spend some time chatting with him. More value in that half hour chat than most else at the show for us!!

eggbeater

Yery disapointed with the show this year.I mainly go to stock up on discounted tackle & gadgets but very little if any to be had.Did get a 4500B baitrunner &650RR vented Alvey thou.I'll give it a miss next year & go to the tackle & tinny show instead.

Hi All,

SCOTTYGC cheers for the tip on the flyer mate put it to good use.

DC didn't catch David Greens talk on flatties DOH! went on thursday night, but did catch Nuggets talk on the logan worth every bit of thirteen bucks.Next year I think I will go over a couple of days and catc as many of these talks as possibly. Should have checked the program better I was hoping to find David out at the pin on saturday until I heard nugget say he would be at the show satuday morning on the radio (we were halfway to cabbage tree).
    Would have been great to have heard him, got any study notes LOL

Cheers
    Matty

DaneCross

Matty,
    I've got plenty of notes written up.. all in my head I should write them down while they're still fresh in my head. Nothing would beat actually watching him (and his son for that matter) in action though. I've seen them out there once but didn't want to look too suss following them around all day Will you be going in the Flathead Classic?
    Dane

took the wife to the boat show on sunday in the hope of convincing her to allow me to buy a new boat to go fishing in, something around the 18 - $20,000 price mark.
    what a mistake i am now waiting about 6 weeks for the delivery of a allycraft 510 bow rider with a 90 hp mercury with all the extras including fishfinder, gps, live bait tank, cd player 27 meg radio and a $26,000 + loan to repay guess i will have to suffer with it just to keep her happy

GREAT Buy Cuda... you'll be very happy with the Allycraft boat. Did you get it from Wynnum Marine?

$26,000 sounds like a good deal to. Assuming thats a boat, motor, trailer package plus the extra toys.