Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brisbane Boat Show

oscar

Re: Brisbane Boat Show

Hi, anyone seen any trailerable boat covers on special at better prices than in their catalogue, also larger bilge pumps. Or do I put the money to the items?

Thanks

Hmmmm.reading some of the posts is suggesting that the show is a bit low on fishing gear this year! I don't need a boat, I can't afford boat accessories, so .....why would I miss for the first time in years??

Come on someone......give me a couple of really good reasons to part with my $16, and another $16 for my son, and another $whatever for drinks and munchies.....go on....I'm listening - cos I really do want to go!!

Tell me what has been worthwhile!

lawry

If thats the case of it not being worth while then i'll spend my money on going fishing instead then.

DaneCross

Quote Originally Posted by moondancer
    Come on someone......give me a couple of really good reasons to part with my $16, and another $16 for my son, and another $whatever for drinks and munchies.....go on....I'm listening - cos I really do want to go!!

Tell me what has been worthwhile!

lawry
    Lawry I'm going along just to hear David Green talk about lureing flathead - its going to be invaluable come Flathead Classic time As for specials on fishing gear, A mart are having a good sale at the moment
    Cheers,
    Dane

ken4159

Lawry - put towards fuel of fishing gear, better value & not a waste of time

went today as well $ 16 to get in $ 9 parking down $25 before even seeing anything
    maybe i should ask the dealer to cover my cost if i end up buying a boat
    they should devide the hall into 2 sections for the have and the have not's as most boats there are well outside my price range that being upto the $25,000 mark, well there's always lotto
    like others have said not much in the fishing gear range, then again was happier being there than at work, nice of the boss to still be paying me while is was looking at boats

Just got back from the boat show. I think it may just be that I have been to 4 shows in 2 years, so not necessarily any worse than previous, but perhaps just getting saturated.

I think I prefer the tinnie show as there is a lot more gadgets and fishing things rather than just boats.

Forgot to mention,,, If you are after a baitrunner, the Northside marine stand has the 3500b and 4500b for $199 and the 6500b for $215

That is really cheap.

What a legend Nugget is. Absolutely top session on elbow slapper whiting at the boat show on Wednesday. Well done (pity about his jokes though)

BillR

Sportfish_5

Sundown have TSS4s for $145 at the moment as well

Cheers

Greg

I got a themo mug for $14 that will hold half a thermos of tea ,also some of the new Berkley 4"frangers (white)with the small forked tail,look the goods plus a Penn Spinfisher 4000 for $65 was a good deal (with a 5 yr warranty)Pity about the elec boat anchor I went to check out $1600 ,Better not tell Mrs Touchy she will charge me $50 every time she pulls up the anchor.cheers Touchy.><> ><> ><>.

why didnt some of you blokes use the vouchers i posted at the start of this post to save yourself a few bob and help out a needy cause at the same time
    you could have bought a extra xxxx with the money saved
    scotty

ken4159

Scotty, I have used the voucher & had an extra xxxx. Thanks mate

Ken

Hey Touchy,
    Check out www.southpacific.com.au
    They produce affordable electric anchor winches.
    I havnt fitted one to my boat yet, but am looking to soon.
    They are not the most attractive things in the world, but only cost about $399 each, or $499 for the freefall one.
    The expensive part then though is buying all the chain and right sized rope to suit it all.
    Good luck.
    Regards
    Darren

Well - spent my $16 x 3 + one freebie under 12, took our ownlunch (saved a bit there) $9 parking, and whatever for a couple of coffeess and a coupple of drinkies! The reports here about not too much fishing gear worth looking at is about right - this is the first time in years I'ved come out of the boat show without any gear!!!! (wife bought one of those knofe sharpener things from the 'demtel ' look alike!!

Got my money's worth my going to Troy Dixon's lecture on catching BIG nobbies, and thoroughly enjoyed meeting up with the likes of webby (will pm you re our chat too mate!) Was also great to catch up woith a couple of other mates from the fishing 'industry'! Bill, Brad, and the others - great to catch up and yarn again!!
    Best of all thougjh, for me, was to have a day with the wife and my 2 boys out together just being around the stuff we all love!! Boats (most we can't ever afford, but hey!!) accessories, and fishing gear.

Yup, now I remember what the boat show is all about - just being around this stuff with people who love it too!!

If that's good enough for anyone else - GO!!!!

Lawry